We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highchairs in restaurants

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Highchairs in restaurants

Hi,

We are travelling to PP in September with our 20 month old son and I am just wondering do many of the restaurants have highchairs or would we be best taking the buggy for him to sit in?

Also we are a drive away from the actual resort - between PP and the old town - where is best to park for the beach - are there any free car parks/on street parking?

TIA

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
472 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highchairs in restaurants

Hi,

I'm glad someone brought this subject up, I was going to mention it in my review of the Puerto Azul hotel and on the discussion about that hotel but I forgot!

Anyway, all the restaurants and cafes have highchairs BUT usually they are literally just a 'high-up' wooden chair, usually with a bar across the front but not with a vertical bar between the baby's legs and without a harness. I took a set of reins with the two short straps attached (these are usually supplied with the reins along with the long single walking rein) so that I could strap our 13 month old in safely. I had to attach the two short straps to the back of the chair so that she could not slide forward and out of the chair. So it depends on your son - if he sits nicely then you should be fine, but if he's a wriggle bum you need to take reins with you!

A couple of restaurants had the Ikea Antilop basic plastic highchairs, which are great for toddlers, but mostly it's the wooden ones without safely features!

Sorry, can't help with the parking question. We've always stayed in the resort itself.

If you are heading for the beach I'd go for the part that's backed by the pedestrian walkway (the Pine Walk). The beach is smaller, very shallow from the walkway to the sea so it's really safe for little ones as you can't lose sight of them. Also it's more peaceful not to have the main road behind you and between you and all the shops/cafes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highchairs in restaurants

Thanks for your reply. He is not normally too wriggly but maybe I will take reins just in case!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,530 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highchairs in restaurants

Buggies are a good idea, all restaurants allow them. Seen many a baby or toddler asleep in buggy almost hidden under parents' restaurant table.

Lots of free parking so long as you avoid the narrow streets right in the centre. Once you've driven around a couple of times you will spot where to park.

For Pine Walk Beach (our favourite, same as Hippo) parking available a short stroll from beach, see this link (though Googlestreetmaps image taken out of season) and exit out to check the location in centre of map.

http://goo.gl/maps/0Kxvj

For the larger South Bay lots of parking alongside the prom, see this webcam image -

seemallorca.com/mallorca/webcams/port-de-pol…

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
472 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highchairs in restaurants

Hi again,

Not related to the original question, but relevant to a 20 month old, just a note re nappies and wipes. Obviously they are widely available in all the supermarkets, but the nappies are very expensive compared to here and it's really hard to find sensitive/unfragranced wipes (and the wipes too are expensive). So if you have room/weight allowance I would take your own nappies (we did, and an unopened pack doesn't take too much room) and if you need sensitive wipes I'd take them with you too.

5. Re: Highchairs in restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca