We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Drinking Water"

Middlewich, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
"Drinking Water"

Arriving in p.p. on Sat. Last year we bought bottled water .Is the local tap water drinkable ? regards hutch.

London
Level Contributor
616 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Drinking Water"

The tap water is drinkable. We never have any issues.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Drinking Water"

As above but the water does have a very high mineral content which can a) taste peculiar to us and b) can set off some peoples stomachs. Its is however as safe to drink as uk water.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Drinking Water"

I recommend you do NOT drink the local tap water.Mineral water is so cheap it is not worth the risk of an upset tum. I do however clean my teeth with tap water.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Drinking Water"

I am the same as WS, drink bottled but clean teeth with tap water. The tap water is certainly safe to drink, it won't kill you, but the high mineral content can cause nasty tummy upsets

London
Level Contributor
616 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Drinking Water"

There is less mineral content in Mallorcan water than there is in London - as you can see by the contents of the kettle, so it depends what you are used to, but I am not aware of people getting sick from the water in either place

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Drinking Water"

It's ok to drink health wise it just simply doesn't taste very nice.

Middlewich, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Drinking Water"

Many thanks for all you replies ! regards hutch

manchester
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: "Drinking Water"

Totally safe as I understand but different mineral balance that may upset some. Drank it myself when needed and clean teeth from tap but mainly drink bottled as WS said so cheap really why take the risk. Local tap water is rarely cool either. I usually go out and buy a few cold bottles of water early evening time so they stay cooler through the night.

Una

co.cork
Level Contributor
141 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Drinking Water"

I've always bought bottled water even for boiling to make tea and coffee- would tap water be less likely to upset the tummy if boiled -just asking for convenience sake - thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Drinking Water"

Everytime I even have so much as a sip of the tap water in Mallorca My stomach gets gripey and I get loose stool.

Many others are the same. Depends on your constitution, but for anyone with IBS or for athletes who put more 'stress' on the gut - I would AVOID.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca