We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hobby club Apartments

Stockport, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Hobby club Apartments

Hi - has anyone been to these apartments this year and can confirm if the pool is disabled access friendly or is it all steps please?? Thinking of booking or Sept for very limited mobility person with wheelchair for outdoor use - thanks for looking

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hobby club Apartments

This was the pool area in 2008 I can't imagine it's changed

img802.imageshack.us/img802/4420/n71.jpg

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hobby club Apartments

Hi, not stayed at the hobby club but have you looked at the Flora apartments, stayed there a few years back and if I remember right they have a disabled chair lift that can be lowered into the pool and the surrounding pool area and main building are suitable for wheelchair users plus it is in a good location near the town and pine walk beaches. This was the first hotel we used in P.P and chose it as I have a son who has special needs and getting it right before I go is important and I found them very good at responding to my email request and got ground floor room I requested.

Also stayed at the villa concha a lot and they would be very good with special requests and would be wheelchair friendly and the beach is a few minutes away and this part of beach has a special ramp that will allow you to wheel the chair to the water plus they have special chairs that can be wheeled into the water but not sure how it works about using this but it is right next to the life guard so you could ask plus it is not far from the hobby club not so near the town as the Flora but we prefer the beach this end. Hope I have been of some help!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,416 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hobby club Apartments

A thought triggered by the above post - Flora is in an excellent location for everything, so minimises distances in a wheelchair. (Can't comment on how wheelchair friendly is Flora).

From last few years (not yet been this year), my memory is telling me they have a wooden 'pathway' from the front across the beach down towards sea (near lifeguard) at start of Pine Walk footpath - and that is very close to Flora.

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hobby club Apartments

Hi, I just want to add that the Flora is good value for money with a nice friendly atmosphere, we didn't use the pool much as we went to the beach every day but for value and location it is hard to beat, I have recommended it to friends in the past and they loved it. The ground floor apartments would suit and the only steps I can remember is the few at the entrance but there is a ramp as well so you will be ok and once inside it is all one level ( I think ) but best to be sure and email them as they are very quick with there response and also there is a proper disabled toilet next to the reception that you could wheel the chair into. Also check that they have wheelchair friendly apartments as they have been done up since we last stayed here as you may need a walkin shower instead of the shower over the bath.

Stockport, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hobby club Apartments

Hi - am trying to establish how I would get into the pool at the Hobby club apartments, I know its all level access around it but I definately would want to get in - the resort havent answered my agents query yet and dont want to lose my booking :O) Also if anyone knows exactly how low the beds and toilets are that would be help in decision making too - all I know is 'very low' - previous Majorcan hotel in Calas de Mallorca said same and I managed perfectly but in France - totally painful experience. Am finding that the online websites are very poor at asking the correct questions and dont fully understand all the logistical possibilities for mobility impaired people like myself - its assumed if your disabled then you need fully adapted - and that comes at a ridiculously high price it seems! Would really like to try Puerto Pollensa this time but need more facts rather than just vague answers off the agents :O)

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hobby club Apartments

Hi Plumjam

Now bearing in mind that I am talking from 2008

This was the bedroom and beds you can see the height of them

img822.imageshack.us/img822/9190/nh58.jpg

in this picture it shows a settee in the lounge there is a floor high bed which pulls out, you can just see it at the bottom of the settee, i wouldn't want to sleep on it but up to you

img21.imageshack.us/img21/7682/uhe0.jpg

finally the standard bathroom

img163.imageshack.us/img163/2149/xjdb.jpg

I dont know whether there are any adapted rooms but thats the best I can do for you to help

Edited: 15 June 2013, 17:21
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hobby club Apartments

on this site under hotel features it has disabled facilities as unticked

agoda.com/europe/spain/majorca/apartamentos_…

8. Re: Hobby club Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations