We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Hi

I know that the hotel has its own private sundeck, but do you know if they actually have sunbeds on the beach itself (as hate being squashed with everyone on a deck.)? Or as a resident can you move two sunbeds from the deck and put them on the beach itself?

Many thanks in advance.

Juliet

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,594 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

I'm sure all the sunbeds are on the deck and I think it would be frowned upon if someone moved them onto the nearby beach (which is public).

But - if you look closely at the hotel's website photo gallery you will spot something that might help.

Photo number 5 shows things from the sea towards the deck etc. Miramar Hotel seems to have tried to claim a bit of public beach (near LH side) that could give you some sand to reside upon. Photo no 3 shows it from behind.

I've strolled past that deck area, whilst wading in the sea, many many times but can't remember whether residents have moved any sunbeds to that 'private' bit of sand.

www.hotel-miramar.net/pagina.php?Cod_fam=5

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Hi KWUK

Thanks for your message. Yes we had spotted what we thought were the sunbeds for the hotel on the side on the beach. We will ask when we are there. Wouldn't want to do anything that could be frowned upon, just like a tiny bit of privacy rather than being with everybody on a deck! Obviously, we can pay for sunbeds on the beach it's just that as they are included in the hotel price was just wondering if anybody knew.

p.s. I read this forum regularly and always enjoy hearing your comments as you are certainly very knowledgeable about PP and so helpful. Sorry to hear that your holiday in April was very rainy. It did make me laugh when you said it felt like you had poured £2K down the lav! It's such a shame when the weather spoils a holiday and I know what you mean about feeling as though it is a waste of money even if you really love the place.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Many apologies if I have got you muddled with WS who had the rainy April holiday. BOTH of you are very helpful and I now can't remember who posted the message. Thanks to you both for all your valued help.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,594 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Thanks for your feedback Juliet, but it was WirralScouse rather than me who went early to PP and it rained.

However, not to be out-done, I've just come back from Tuscany/Umbria and it rained a lot there on me as well. Seems like most places have had a very poor spring.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Twas I and I am still smarting about it. But nobody's fault,except mine for going early. I am going to Jesolo in Italy end of next week and if it rains for a week there I am giving up. (Just shows that much as KWUK and I love Pto Pollensa we do holiday elsewhere-not together!)

Miramar is a lovely hotel.No entertainment laid on just an efficient traditional hotel which is spotlessly clean and has excellent food.The balconies in the old wing bedrooms are tiny but the new wing rooms are much more spacious.Not cheap for what it is but you get what you pay for.If you can't re-locate the hotel's sunbeds onto the adjacent beach it will cost you 11 euros for 2 beds and a parasol per day. If you find a ladies' swimsuit hanging from the underside of the parasol frame it belongs to Mrs WS. She left it there in 2011. I told her a family of gypsies have probably moved into it by now.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

Lido de Jesolo WS ??? Can only think that easy access to Venice was your reasoning behind that choice .

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

In one Kev! Easy access to Venice and an inexpensive beach resort."Inexpensive" and "Venice" are rarely used together.

But as we discovered on our first visit there it is nowhere near as tacky as we had been led to believe.Not as laid back as Puerto Pollensa but half decent hotels are less expensive.

8. Re: sunbeds ar Hotel Miramar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca