We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation worries

bolton
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation worries

Having read lots of negative reviews we changed our hotel booking from Puerto Azul to Playa Mar. Oh dear, judging by lots of recent reviews now wondering if we have spent good money changing our accommodation for nothing ? Just want to look forward to our holiday as we've worked hard for it. Now even thinking about scrapping it and just booking a private let for 2 weeks although as we go mid September might be too late to do that now. Love Trip Advisor but sometimes think just going off on holiday without any prior knowledge was the best option as we always let lucky in the past and went off the info in the brochures !!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation worries

you know, really don't worry.

it sounds awful but even if the accomodation is rubbish, it won't spoil your stay.

how much time do you spend in the apartment on holiday? we have breakfast there, showers, sleep , maybe an afternoon nap?

the rest of the time is on the beach, in the pool, or out exploring-yes?

Also don't forget, that people are only likely to write a review if they are very very happy or very very unhappy!! I'll bet there are tons of people who have had a perfectly lovely holiday but haven't written a review!

Stop looking at the reviews and start planning your trip!

As far as i know, the playa mar is really nice anyway!

Hope you have a fabbo time!

Edited: 30 June 2013, 12:00
bolton
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation worries

Thank you for your lovely message, you are right ! It's just a bit frustrating when the place we cancelled was having negative reviews and Playa Mar was consistent 5/5's then when we changed our former accommodation reviews improved and Playa Mar started to get 'slated'. Oh well, what will be will be lol. Thanks again !

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation worries

Haven't stayed in either place you've mentioned, but have been inside them numerous times over the years.

Just having had general 'nosey' arounds - IMO - the Playa Mar looks better, but it's location is not as good as Puerto Azul. PA is very close to our favourite beach area and very close to main concentration of restos, bars & shops, whereas PM is 20 mins walk from that central area (and only a few mins less to a decent beach area); but that walk from PM along Pine Walk footpath alongside the shoreline is just beautiful.

I'm sure you will enjoy PM, most people do; and mid-Sept is a good time to go.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 12:35
Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation worries

I'm sure you will have a good holiday. PP is a gorgeous area and the town/pine walk is lovely to walk along. It also has the most excellent beach.

We have just returned from the PA and had similar worries to you (even took ear plugs due to reports of noise - but didn't use them). We emailed ahead to ask for a quiet room and spent all day every day out and about. Mid Sept should be quietening down a bit.

As for reviews, I love TA but tend to ignore the extreme reviews - negative or positive and just take notice of the average reviews. We recently went on a holiday (elsewhere) that had lots of fantastic over the top reviews and the odd negative one and our opinion was somewhere in between.

Enjoy!

Edited: 30 June 2013, 12:57
bolton
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation worries

thank you for your kind response !

bolton
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation worries

Thank you for your reply !

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation worries

Seddys, We have stayed the last 5 years at the Playa Mar and will be again next month. May I ask what in particular is concerning you about it. I like to think I could give an honest and balanced opinion on it.

Like most places, there are aspects that some really and enjoy and others dont. Just let me know, hopefully can ease your worries.

bolton
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation worries

Hi. We decided to go after bad reviews on Puerto Azul as Playa Mar was getting high marks from everyone who stayed. Sadly, if you take a look at the recent reviews, you will see that a lot are claiming its gone downhill recently and is very noisy and the thing that worries us most, dirty ! Really hope they're wrong as don't mind kids noise in the slightest having 6 young grandchildren but so long as its clean I can live with most things lol. Please take a look at the reviews and maybe you can perhaps reassure me on some points. Thanks you so much !

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation worries

Hi Seddy,

Myself and my other half are going to Majorca for the first time in september and since booking our hol way back in March,i'm always reading reviews on Trip Advisor..

Before booking our hotel,the reviews were great,full of praise etc,but recent ones have reported 'issues' and it was soooo upsetting..

We havent been on holiday for 3 years now so really looking to our summer break.

But i think looking through reviews,people do seem to like to highlight problems rather then praise what was great..And hotels really cant please everyone all the time..So opinions are going to vary from hotels,restaurants to the weather..!!

I sometimes wonder if its a good thing reading reviews but then worry what will be written if i don't!!!...aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Im sure you will have a great holiday because as your previous message said,how long are you really within 4 walls??

Have a great holiday..

Debbie.

bolton
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation worries

Thanks ! you too. FIngers crossed come the end of September we will all be wondering why we worried lol

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations