We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

Hi everybody-The Cocoon mob are back in town ( well me Mrs C and her elderly parents)

We are at the Hotel Daina for a week,so feel free to ask what you want.

Just unpacking now (well Mrs C is whilst I have a beer on the balcony and set up the blog.....ssssshhhh,don't let her know)

Quick first impressions are very good- we are in 104 and 105 with great sea views- we paid or them.

Room very contempory and clean.Free safe and wifi.

Not sure how much my mini bar beer(s) will cost.

Will have dinner at the hotel tonight snd thereafter we venture out with voddie gold fish bowls a plenty.

I love PP.....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

oh i am wel jel! :)

is it lovely and sunny???

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,651 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

That's very generous of you Steven saying "ask what you want" - mine's a G&T on the outside terrace of the Miramar.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

KWUK - I got it for you,but you didnt turn up so I drank it....soz.

Hot - yes and yes... A cheeky 26 at the moment,we are searching in vain for a cloud.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

oh my goodness

sounds blissful

counting the days now till i am there

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

Hot - it sounds a tad cliched,but there really is something so very nice about PP.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 19:01
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

i know

this will be our 4th time[?]

we first visited when our eldest son was 2 and he is now 13

my sons are talking about the beach and the sand sculptures and playing in the square.

i always have a least one moment of feeling utterly at one with the world , where i thank the gods for sending me there-it's an amazing place.

north of england
Level Contributor
219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

Hi Steven

We arrive just in time for the festival next week , Virgen del Carmen, and it will be the first time I have managed to coincide holiday with festival - very star spangled methinks ..... four more sleeps ! I would like to know what you had for dinner tonight, as I've read the food is quite good there, and as I like my food, I like to know what I'm letting myself in for! I belive there's a themed meal three nights per week, and as we want to go to Stay, need to find out pretty quick when the themed nights are. More especially as it's festival net week, so restaurants might get booked up! Also, can you find out how much a bottle of red wine is in the hotel, as I would like to email the hotel and arrange for a bottle in the room for our late arrival. You know, a chill on the balcony when we get there .... but there's a party on La Gola beach at 10.00pm so .......... !

Thanks for that

TDM

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

TDM- Can only partially answer your post- there is no menu del dia at the hotel,but a smallish menu.We had delightful garlic bread and gaszpaco to start,followed by calamari,hake and sole as mainz

Mrs C thought her sole was average,the calamari and hakebwas very good. We had a bottle of decent house white wine,a couple of combinados and three big beers all for € 80 ....I personally think they missed if a drink or two.

We then went to the Lemon Lounge ( beachside cocktail bar) attached to the hotel and had a caipirihna and a mojito for € 14 ....well made cocktails and fairly reasonably priced.

In summmary - fine for hotel food but we will be be venturing out.

We went to Stay last year and thought it was brilliant,a more expensive Menu del dia ay €35 but well worth it.

You will need to book it.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 21:49
north of england
Level Contributor
219 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

Thanks for that Steve - we're staying half board at the Daina, so will probably check out the themed nights, and work in Stay around that! Love the Lemon Lounge - possibly our favourite late night bar, but Laguna is my 'must do' for my daily 4pm 'large glass of red' - can taste it already..... roll on .....! I love PP - it's like coming 'home.'

TDM

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Livetime in Puerto Pollensa-Ask what you want .

TDM- I will try smd find out the themed night schedule for you.

Looks like the sun is out to play.......breakfast and then a proper shift by the pool methinks.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca