We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

North west of...
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

We will be staying in a villa(Sylvia) in a few weeks and however much I would love to just have a well deserved relax, we have our 2 and 4 year olds who will want some entertaining in the evenings and wondered if there are any hotels that we could visit that allow paying visitors?

No doubt we'll venture out for meals some evenings and we have a car so don't mind traveling, any suggestions?

Apparently we're 10 mins from the port?

I'm looking forward t trying some of the restaurants suggested for others?

Would the square area be appropriate for children?

Also are taxi's easy to come by, need to allow my husband some opportunity to have a few wines!

Also we're back again the first week of sept staying closer to alcudia at the Club Pollenta resort with the whole family, Having stayed there before I know it's relatively remote and my 18 year old will want to sample livelier area's, but this is one of the reasons we choose pp as it's not "wild"?

Should he be heading to Alcudia or would the square area interest him?

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

Hi, we stay in the Playa Mar which is at the end of the Pine Walk (opposite end to town). They have entertainment on most nights (of varying quality!) most of which is child orientated and sure you would not have any issues just turning up as long as you are buying drinks. Same probably goes for the Puerto Azul which is more central to town and again is aimed a family audience.

The square area is great for kids to run around etc and sure you will find plenty nice places. Just off the square, I can recommend Nicos which is a TexMex kind of place which does very good kids meals and has crayons etc for them (not to be confused with Dakotas close by whch gets mixed reviews).

There is a taxi rank in the centre, right next to the port so no issues there.

My guess is Alcudia for your lad, but others will know better than me on that one.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

The Square is very suitable for children. The central area has lots of restos & bars around it, children (local especially) play in the central area and there is a children's playground on one corner near the church where the school used to be and that playground is usually very busy in evenings. The link below shows it as it used to be as a school and before the public playground was formed. Use the tools to spin round and see what the rest of the Square looks like (out of season, though).

http://goo.gl/maps/Pa8U3

Lots of families (local included) walk along Pine Walk in evenings and let their youngsters have a final play on the sandy areas there.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 19:12
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

And yes, great taxi service. Here's the taxi rank right in centre near marina roundabout.

http://goo.gl/maps/EE4of

North west of...
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

Thanks all, very helpful x

5. Re: Evening entertainment for children when staying in a villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca