We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Bookings

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral
Level Contributor
135 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Bookings

We (family of 4) are off to Port de Pollenca in a few weeks time and really looking forward to it.

I have read a lot of the restaurant reviews and a lot of them mention making reservations. Do we need to book for the majority of restaurants or are there plenty of places to eat that don't require pre booking?

This is our first visit to PP but everywhere we have visited before on holiday we have never needed to book restaurants. We usually go out to eat at about 8pm.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Bookings

In August the popular/well-priced restaurants are in overwhelming demand.I am thinking Little Italy,Laroc for instance. Trio is large and you have more chance of getting in there without a reservation also Tolo's.So you will find somewhere if you turn up on spec and if you aren't fussy you may well be satisfied.But as you have gone to the trouble of seeking out the restaurant reviews I suspect you are more than just passively interested in "a meal" to fill a hole.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,034 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Bookings

All restaurants will be busy when you are there in August, so very good idea to book to make sure you get into whichever restaurant you want and when you want. Your 8pm time is very popular, so even more reason to book.

I find that by booking in advance you tend to get the better located tables, rather than having to be squeeezed in. We've once been to PP in August and booking was essential, or eating quite late instead. Some restaurants eg Trios will always get you in though, in that case, you might have to eat inside rather than outside.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
532 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Bookings

We always visit the same time, family of 4, and generally do not have a lot of issues getting a table. The exception is primarily Little Italy as WS notes.

Wirral
Level Contributor
135 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Bookings

Thanks for all your replies.

I was mostly concerned about our fist night, as we won't be able to book anywhere in advance and will have to just to turn up somewhere!

Also, it can be a bit of a challenge getting us showered and ready (2 teenagers!) to go out at a certain time! When you spend the whole of the year watching the clock, it is nice when you are on holiday to just go with the flow!

I think we will probably try and book certain restaurants and then hope the other evenings that we can find somewhere!

We are hoping to alternate between the more expensive and the cheaper restaurants as I believe it can be quite pricey in PP - especially as we are 4 adults eating. I am hoping that there are some cheaper places?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Bookings

Cheapest eating out we found was at Neptunos Tapas

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Bookings

Hells Kitchen choice of set 2/3 course meals are great value for your cheaper options.No views though.Tango Ca Vostra (complete with sea/bay view) menu del dia choices too. When I was in PP earlier this year I came upon Ikebana-has a garden- which is so reasonable.

Wirral
Level Contributor
135 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Bookings

Thanks for the suggestions, we will definitely try to sample them!

We will be staying at the Miramar apartments, any suggestions for somewhere close by (and hopefully no need to book!) for our first night?

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Bookings

Oclam - I will probably get shot down or this,but a quick first night,no fuss hit, could be the dreadfully entitled Codfather Fish and Chip shop. It is a stones throw from your apartments.It opens at 6 pm.

I know its not exactly entering into the true ambience etc.

But there would be nothing stopping you all sitting on the beach wall with your supper. The Spa supermarket, virtually next to the Hotel Miramar does ice cold San Miguel in cans.

If that doesn't float your collective boats then the restaurants to the right of the Miramar hotel as you look at it offer ,chinese,tex mex and fast (ish) food type options for the first night.

Lastly,why not email the hotel Miramar and reserve a table - the menu del dia is good.

Whatever the case,you won't starve.

hampshire
Level Contributor
529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant Bookings

The Chinese !! on the corner near the Banks with cash machines ( sorry forgotten its name !) always seemed empty when we went past at the end of June whereas everywhere else was busy

If some of the restaurants have websites you may be able to book by email

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant Bookings

City- No, as described,the one to the right of the Hotel Miramar and near the Spa.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 21:52
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca