We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miramar fridges

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Miramar fridges

I see from a recent review that to use the room fridges at the Miramar no longer incurs a charge. Can anyone else confirm this or did the reviewer somehow strike lucky?

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Miramar fridges

Hi Kaleg

Stayed for a week in May and can confirm Fridges are now Included in the tariff.

Now got it`s well deserved 4* rating.

Stayed many times before and always thought a 4 * place anyway even though only 3*

Una

Edited: 19 July 2013, 04:09
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miramar fridges

Thanks Una. I agree with you about the rating - it's amazing the difference a fridge can make!! Let's hope they don't increase their tariff now they have the magic 4 stars. A lovely hotel whatever.

Leeds
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miramar fridges

Love the Miramar and its about time they stopped this charge. All we need now as a 4 star is tea and coffee making in rooms. Love a cup of Earl Grey first thing in the morning. Know the Sis Pins have this.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miramar fridges

Not a tea or coffee drinker myself but I know Hubby would agree! Free diet coke would suit me!!!

I also think it would be ideal if they withdrew the charge for the room safe. As they are the type where you set the code yourself I cannot see that they actually need to charge. After all there are no keys that could be lost and need replacing.

All that said though, I love the Miramar and in our eyes it had always been 4*!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miramar fridges

The cost of hiring a room safe has nothing to do with the cost of the key.It is essentially for the cost of the insurance but there is undoubtedly an element of profit in it for the hotel when you get charged 40 euros for 2 weeks safe hire (Don Pedro,Cala San Vicente).You may have to pay a deposit for a key but you get that back.

However much it costs to hire a safe-pay it,wherever you are staying. The economic times are hard in Spain now and the petty crime rate has increased markedly.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miramar fridges

Thanks for your advice WirralScouse but we do always use the room safe wherever in the world we are and whatever the cost for doing so if one is applied. It would be pretty silly in our opinion to do otherwise whatever the local crime statistics.

Your point about the insurance may or may not be correct as I wonder how many establishments would say what you leave even in a safe is at your own risk but bearing in mind what I have said above about our usage of room safes it is interesting that other than the Miramar, we have never been charged anywhere else for the use of the type of safe we are referring to here. True the charge for a key operated one is usually a deposit and therefore refundable but we have on occasion found the charge to be just that, a charge.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the word profit and let's face it, hotels are a business so there is always going to be a charge for everything even if it is supposedly free because it will invariably be factored in to room rates.

As I've said before, we love the Miramar even with the charge/insurance or whatever you want to call it!

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miramar fridges

note that rooms in maricel the sister apartments have free wifi does anybody know if miramar rooms have wifi?

London, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miramar fridges

Yes wifi in rooms in the hotel.

Regarding the safe it is not a code that you put in. You are given a plastic type tab key that you have to insert and keep on you at all times. Fine if lost. It would also be ridiculous to still charge for the fridge that is so small. Good job they stopped this. Just came back on Sunday night from the hotel.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miramar fridges

What do people keep in hotel safes? I generally carry my cash/credit card in my pocket and my passports and sunglasses and hotel keys/fob in a very light nylon type haversack thingy.

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Miramar fridges

Keep everything in the fridge is my advice just behind the Cruzcampos. :-)

Una

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations