We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

Hi

We're due to arrive at these apartments around midnight (ish) and was wondering if a welcome pack can be ordered so we can have a drink??

Hope someone can advise.

Many thanks

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

Must apologise in advance because I don't have a definitive answer and I'm not a destination expert (have been to PP six times but not to this apartment hotel). My suggestion would be to contact the booking agents you made your holiday arrangements with and ask them to do it for you. However in my experience Welcome Packs are often over-priced and not very good quality. What I do when I can't avoid a late arrival - take your own provisions. Pack some long life milk, water, tea bags, coffee, bottle of your favourite tipple, some snacks - just to tide you over as it's depressing not to have a single thing when you arrive. You don't say what time of year you're arriving but it's possible there will be bars and restaurants open in the resort still. There is a bar at Oro Playa but unlikely to be open beyond midnight (DEs please correct me on that if it's wrong) and this way you won't have to go without. Supermarkets and mini-markets will of course be closed. Have a lovely time in beautiful PP.

Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

Thank you so much for answering. We're travelling in just under 3 weeks and I've estimated our arrival time at the apartments will be 11.30pm/midnight. I have found the official website for the apartments and have emailed them but do like your idea of taking provisions with us (although a bit wary of putting liquids in our luggage lol).

Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again

Sheena

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

That sounds like the best idea Sheena. When I take stuff I wrap liquids in newspaper first and then in two placky bags. Same as I do with shampoo, perfume etc. Sandwiched between clothes and of course not in your carry on baggage I've never had a mishap. Or forget the liquids and just take a few snacks. It's a rare hotel that won't provide you with a little milk and water when you arrive late. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a vending machine too. Enjoy your hols!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

I fear you aren't going to get one-off assistance like that from Oro Playa.It is pretty basic but well located. Only drink you take yourself will be available after 1am.But if you arrive (not on a Sunday) earlier than this there are bars within 2 minutes' walk of Oro Playa some of which could still be open. Supermarket Voramar is your nearest source of milk,drinks,cereal etc but although it is open 7 days and keeps long hours it won't be open at midnight.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 00:13
5. Re: Welcome Pack at the Playa Oro Apartments, Puerto de Pollenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations