We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nth Wales
Level Contributor
520 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Have you big TA PP reviewers seen this post as I have requested that it be deleted as not a review of the Maricel but an alleged health and safety issue? Please look it up . Thanks.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, also to the attention of Boston HQ.As somebody who has stayed twice in Maricel Apartments and twice in Hotel Miramar I have more than a passing interest. As you say it is not a review. It is an accident report and it highlights the weakness of TA that malicious reviews can be listed without verification.I feel sorry for Sastre Family the owners that a man with an obvious bee in his bonnet can attempt to blight the reputation of a very good hospitality business.

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
520 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Thanks for your quick reply WS and I have just sent an email to the Sastre family on reservas@hotel-miramar.net as stayed there last September at the Maricel and doing the same this year . Have told them that I have sent a complaint about this to TA and hope I get an answer soon. We do our best hey!

Edited: 04 August 2013, 18:33
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Just looked at the review in question.

To make our position clear, we have been and will be customers of the Miramar but have never entered any of the Maricel apartments so I cannot visualize the scene of the incident.

However, that said I think that rather than complain about the mat being removed I would see that as an attempt by the owners to immediately ensure that no further injury could be caused.

These things do happen and I'm sure the lady in question was and probably is still in some degree of discomfort but the review site of the Maricel is not where the gentleman should be addressing his concerns. If he feels there are health and safety issues then he should have contacted the relevant Majorcan authority which I'm sure he could have located on the internet. Maybe he has done this.

Whether or not, his words on TA do unfortunately relay a sense of revenge even if that was not his intention.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

I've just out of interest looked at this gentleman's only other review posted a day after the Maricel one.

Interestingly enough he gives a glowing 5 star review of Villa Singala who seem to be, in terms of TA reviews, the Miramar's main rivals. Is there a connection there?

Also if he rates the Singala so highly you can't help but wonder why he was looking elsewhere.

Should we be reading between the lines?

Edited: 05 August 2013, 10:07
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

There is some inconsistency here. He says the incident at Maricel spoiled the rest of their holiday. His review of Villa Singala is headed "Another great holiday".

If I am being shown around an apartment that I am not familiar with I am certainly not looking at my feet. Could I suggest that the lady when looking around her tripped over the edge of a floor mat (these apartments have no carpeting in any room)? That would not constitute negligence by Miramar/Maricel but an unfortunate accident by the person being shown around.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Too right WirralScouse!

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
520 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

Well WS I did the same and wondered too about the significance of the Singala review ! Glad we can communicate this concern and hope I get a response from TA as haven't yet and hope the Sastre family received my email too. Thanks to you all for your thoughts .

8. Re: Latest review maricel Apartment @ Miramar re complaint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca