We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

Hi, we are coming to P.P 1st week in September but the week before we will be in Cala D'Or(Cala Ferrera) and was wandering what it is really like as I choose it because a lot of people on T.A like both I would like some honest opinions, thanks.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

Cala D'or is beautiful . I stayed in Cala Ferrera like you . Although I like Cala ferrera , especially the beach , it is probably not the best area of Cala D'or . But it is quite easy to get to Cala d'or centre . Plenty of resteraunts etc in the centre . The Marina which is a bit further on is a lovely place to have a meal , or just a drink . You will enjoy it . I have been to PP as well and do love that , but Cala D'or compares favourably with it .

Scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

Hi! Went to Cala D'Or 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. Loved the Marina area and ate there most nights. We have been going to PP for about 10 years and go back next month. We love it there and the one thing that it has that Cala D'Or does not have is the promenade. We really missed that in Cala D'Or. If you like little coves and small beaches then you will enjoy Cala D'Or. We just like being able to walk for miles beside the sea!!!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

Yes agree with the above post we also missed a sea front walk whilst in Cala d or bit it is still a lovely resort. The marina is particularly nice and swimming from the rocks in the coves is fabulous if you are not a sand lover. Beaches were too crowded for us although it was August when we went! You will enjoy Cala d or I am sure but for me Puerto pollensa just has the edge because of its slightly more Spanish feel. Only slightly though love both!!!

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

Thanks kevintherunner, it dose look nice, I booked the hotel first before really looking at the area in detail as I got the hotel at a good price but don't mind the walk into the centre and will enjoy the marina. We are finding it hard to find a place to beat Puerto Pollensa and can't explain what draws us back again and again we are just hooked.

We went to Pefkos in Rhoads a few weeks ago and spent the whole time wishing we were in P.P in fact I don't know if I will ever get my husband back to Greece unless its 5 star lol, even though it is a lot cheaper to eat out and the food was good it just wasn't the same. We are not fussy with accomadation as long as its clean and our hotel was dirty but the rest of the resort was ok but you live and learn that when a holiday is cheap as that its for a reason but had a great holiday because we used another hotel pool and meet some great people there.

That's why I asked the question as it has made us cautious about going to different places but looks like I made a good choice and we do go to P.P the next week so happy days!

5. Re: Love Puerto Pollensa but what is Cala D'Or like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca