We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Traveller

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Traveller

Can anyone recommend hotels in and around Port de Pollensa, Alcudia, Can Picafort area for single travellers. Looking to stay for one week and happy to travel on local busses etc for sightseeing

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Traveller

Mat - Can you give a bit more detail, how old are you, what sort of accommodation would you like,price range,when are you staying etc?

I am sure you'll get plenty of advice.

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Traveller

Hi I am in my early sixties but active, enjoy lots of walking and I know there are some day walking trips around that area. I would like to book around early/mid October and would be looking to book a hotel on a half board basis. Not too bothered about evening entertainment as I would be out most of the day so a glass of wine after meal in the bar would suffice. Price wise I would be looking to spend around 4-500 max on accommodation as I still have flight costs

Any advice appreciated

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
696 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Traveller

Just had one of my walking friends around that are experienced around PP and in the past have stayed at Hotel Residencia Eola opposite the marina . Looked at this and several single traveller comments that I have not come across before in hotels. . Seems to be up and down in ratings although reckon as you are going in October, this could be a good off season bet for you to have what you want . Great location anway near everything that you could need to travel, bus , taxi or boat and apart from your feet!

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Traveller

Mat - Have a look at Hotels,Sis Pins,Daina and Miramar.The Daina and Miramar both do excellent half board options.

Weather wise - it will be on the turn,but with a bit of luck should be relatively pleasant.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Traveller

I have stayed at Hotel Pollentia in a single room, the single rooms are at the back and are smaller but it didn't bother me as I spent most of my time on the fantastic verander and bar area, where the views more than make up for it over the best part of the bay. Its about a 15 min walk from the pine walk area so close enough to everything but not right in the middle of things. They offer half board with a variety of food, its a smallish hotel and the staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Scotland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Traveller

Hi

Thanks everyone for your input. I can get a package deal for Hotel Pollentia to include transfers etc and it has reasonable reviews so going to book, just need to see if day walking tours from Pollensa are still running in October but happy to do some sightseeing with local transport and also a bit of chill out time. Thanks again

Cheshire
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Traveller

Hope you like it, I'm sure you will, I will be there again in October my 6th time and I can't wait to go back!!

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Traveller

Mat - if the day walking tours aren't operating from Pollenca, then you might consider Soller instead. Tramuntana Tours do guided walks but you would need to check in advance if they go every day etc. Soller is an excellent base for walking as it is very easy to get to Deia and Valldemossa, from where there are excellent walks, and there are really good hikes directly from Soller itself.

I know it is not always easy to get reasonable rates in hotels for single travellers. For this reason, when we had two friends travelling with us who each wanted their own rooms, we stayed at the Hotel El Guia in Soller as they have excellent rates for single travellers. The hotel may not be to everyone's taste as it is a bit old fashioned and traditional, but we loved it for that reason.

Devon
Level Contributor
335 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo Traveller

Try looking at the Hotels in Pollensa town as well, Juma/L'Hostel Interior and Desbrull are great and convenient for walkers but unsure if they do a sensible single rate!

You are probably aware of this walking company but here is the link anyway!

…puertopollensa.com/DayWalks.html

Looks like walks from Pollensa with Richard are up to 22nd October.

Happy walking

Lyn

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo Traveller

When I go to Pto Pollensa alone (or anywhere else in Majorca for that matter) I always book a double or twin room (Room-Only or B&B) for single occupation.That way I don't get lumbered with a dark broom cupboard overlooking the kitchens.

I book through Travel Republic.

If you do go to Eolo do pay what it costs extra for a sea view and aircon.Hotel Pollensa Park is a well-priced alternative and I have stayed there solo in a double room.The breakfasts were pretty poor though. You won't be short of company at that hotel in the evenings or you can cross the road for a nightcap in Bar BonDia.If you are in there late evening between 6 and 13 Oct you will probably find me propping up the bar (that's a turn-off for you).

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca