We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirimar Apartments.

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Mirimar Apartments.

Has anyone ever stayed in the apartments owned by the Hotel Mirimar? Is there a decent kitchen and are the non pool view rooms worth considering? Are they a good size with balcony?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

I have stayed 3 times in Maricel Apartments owned by Hotel Miramar.They are opposite the rear entrance of the hotel.They have a useful kitchen and are well equipped,spaciousand well maintained.Facilities of the hotel are open to guests.I thought the street view apartments were too dark (not as noisey now since the by-pass opened) and was pleased I paid the supplement for the pool view,not so much for the view as for the brighter interior and the usable balcony.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

Thanks WS. That's good. They seem a little expensive compared to other apartments available. Maybe they are of a higher quality though?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

I think what you are paying for mainly is more internal space and quality of fitments and appliances.Typical of Hotel Miramar generally-expensive but quality.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

KWUK will probably be along later and I know he too has stayed at Maricel. Maybe he isn't as wasteful as I am because I recall he had a street-view apartment! He also has stayed in the newer Sangri La apartments nearby so worth listening to him.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 14:28
Nth Wales
Level Contributor
549 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

Have stayed in pool side and road view apartments at the Maricel and liked both for personal reasons and this is the real point as I'm happy with people watching anyway! You can cook in either, but would not want to, as so many lovely choices to eat easily and satisfying enough for all tastes, nearby . Balconies are bigger and better than staying at the Miramar hotel I reckon and you will have more space to chill in the apartments in general.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

Totally agree with final sentence of NWFf post #5. There are just a few decent-sized balconies in the hotel rooms but most are tiny.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,879 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

WS said i'd be on here, and he's right.

I highly recommend the apartments owned and run by Hotel Miramar. Not stayed in the ones called Miramar 1 or Miramar 2, but I'm aware of them being just around the corner from Maricel and I'm sure Hotel Miramar does a good job on them, as they do with all their properties.

I know the Maricel Apts really well, including Maricel 1 & 2 - have stayed in them many times. Highly recommended. Sizes of kitchen is better than average, and Maricel 2 kitchen & lounge area is quite big, much bigger than Maricel 1. And all apts are bigger than what one would get in the hotel itself.

We prefer the road-view apartments in Maricel complex, not to save money, but to get sunshine on the decent-sized balconies. Pool views are pleasant (the pool & garden get sun) but the pool view apts are in the shade for much of the day (and some apts for even longer). Road-view apts get great sun in mornings and early afternoon, many is the time we've had breakfast on the balcony in the sun. IMO it's important to get second floor apts on road-view, as they are further away from any road noise and get most sun.

If you were to be booking Maricel 1 or Maricel 2, come back to me by PM in advance and I will give you detail on which apt numbers to ask for (some have bigger balconies and/or get more sun) if you tell me whether you want road or pool view. I always ask for specific apt numbers as part of the booking, and usually get what I request (if you don't ask, you don't get is the phrase)

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

Thank you very much for the detailed and helpful information. We were looking at the Montelin based on price and nice modernisation job recently. The Marciel just popped up their head when browsing and looked good also.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 07:58
9. Re: Mirimar Apartments.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca