We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment with kids club?

Dublin
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Apartment with kids club?

Hi,

I'm planning to travel to puerto pollensa with 2 children aged 8 and 4, so I am looking for self catering accommodation with a kids club. I have stayed in villa concha before and while it was very nice I'd like to stay somewhere different this time.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Thanks, Lorraine.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment with kids club?

Playa Mar or Puerto Azul. On the opposite side of town to Villa Concha.Puerto Azul is more central.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment with kids club?

I put some info on the Playa Mar in the recent post...Where to stay in PP with 10 & 13 yr old girls?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,513 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment with kids club?

Similarly, here's my take on things -

Puerto Azul - ideal location, very close to nice beach and resort centre/square (where people tend to go in evenings). Good pool area.

Flora - adjacent to Puerto Azul, so same benefits, but pool area not as good as the others I'm listing.

Villa Concha - close to big sandy beach, pool fine, about 10 mins walk mainly along prom to resort centre.

Playa Mar - best looking of them all, good pool area, but 20 mins (lovely) walk to resort centre (and about 15 to nice beach area, as shoreline near Playa Mar is not so 'sandy-beachy').

Avoid Oro Playa, IMO.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment with kids club?

The Playa Mar is the worst place I have ever stayed at for sunbed reservation. Admittedly this was about five years ago and in August, but people were getting up before 6.00am, the weird part of this was they stayed down there in the dark, although you could say that's better than just dumping towels and going back to bed. They also made sure they grabbed the better quality sunbeds of course. The hotel was mostly, or possibly exclusively, Brits. A shame really, because the place is very nice, but I found this crazy, there is getting up early for a sunbed and getting up early! What sort of people 'sit there in the dark'?

It is a bit out of the way, and it's a fair old walk into the main resort, but it is a nice walk if you go via the sea shore route.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment with kids club?

Yes, it can be a pain with the sunbeds, although not as bad as it was - last year they would always keep a few back chained up til about 10.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment with kids club?

Thanks for the update Linz, that's good to know and is a good idea. I know you can't really escape the problem totally, but sitting there in the dark wouldn't have been my idea of fun, whatever the prize. Each to their own I guess ;)

7. Re: Apartment with kids club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:18