We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

Group of 8 ( ages 11,15,18,42,45,50,66,70) hoping to head over at the end of June, have done holiday villages & family hotels in the past and have sort of outgrown that now but 11yr old would still like some type of activities and other kids, loves the football at thomson hotels and hi wire things at the holiday village, We all really enjoyed cala bona afew yrs ago the location of bonaire in comparison to shops & restaurants and keep comparing other holidays to it, I wasn't as gone on the atmosphere in can picafort and don't want an all inclusive this time and don't want a villa.

None of us have been to puerto pollensa before so ideally I think we are looking for an aparthotel centrally located ( wont have a car) short walking distance to restaurants that is family friendly but not packed with families and small children and with a big pool and possibly activities that would suit 11 & 15.

Thankyou

ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

Thankyou littlelambsussex, I will check out Alcudia, I knew someone would point me in the right direction :-)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

Alcudia,Puerto Alcudia,Playa de Muro.It's a long strip down Bay of Alcudia.Choose carefully.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

Phew thanks WirralScouse that's a good point. It's like the difference between Pollensa and Pto Pollensa. Huge. Not a grain of sand to be seen in Pollensa. The lovely old walled town of Alcudia is like a mini Seville and Pto Alcudia..a long stretch of sandy beach and lively resort - two different places. I'm hoping the right forum will get you sorted.

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

Ive booked Cala Radjata, the beaches look lovely, there is plenty to do locally. You can do boat trips from there and the centre is compact. Scottish schools break up mid June, so there will be children about.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,906 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

Cala Radjada tends to have a lot of German visitors, and hence the bars / restaurants there cater accordingly. Not a problem at all - just making readers of post no 14 aware.

16. Re: suitable for ages 11-70? Advice needed on accom & location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations