We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Majorca

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Majorca

My friend and I are going on a week's holiday to Majorca in late May. We are looking for a beach holiday with good nightlife but not tacky 'Brits abroad' style! We would like somewhere with nice bars but not the 18-30 crowd.We are both in our late 30's and appreciate good food and wine.

I have looked at Calla Bona, Port de Pollenca and Paguera but am really confused about what would suit us best.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Vilnius
Level Contributor
153 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

Try Cala D'Or - you will like it !

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

PP tends to be more restaurants than bars, although there are a few good bars. If you just want to chill out with very good places to eat then a few drinks I think it hits the spot.

I have been to Cala Bona and would definitely prefer PP.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

I would second Cala Dor..it seems to fit your requirements exactly.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 12:21
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,281 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

Much as I agree with "good food and wine" being on offer in PP - I wouldn't describe it as what people normally mean by a beach holiday with good nightlife and I can't help feeling you and your friend may be disappointed. There are bars of course but things quieten down fairly early. People who go there are usually seeking something quieter; that's why it's so popular with couples and families. Just thought that might be useful to know; rest is up to you - sorry if this confuses things rather than helping.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 22:19
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

littlelamb's comments have been well thought through. I agree with her.Nightlife is not one of Pto Pollensa's attractions especially for same gender couples.Good food and wine and fairly good beaches are.You mentioned Paguera/Peguera.That is a decent possibility as is Portals.

lincoln
Level Contributor
772 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

I think Cala D'or would suit your requirements, we will be there at the beginning of June with 6 '30's' in our group. Paguera is a favourite resort with german holiday makers as is Cala Ratjada which might put some people off, but would otherwise fit.

7. Re: Where to stay in Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca