We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

London, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

We are visiting Puerto Pollensa in August 2014 and would like to hire a car locally for a few days of our holiday. Can anybody recommend a good and reasonably priced car hire firm which has cars in Puerto Pollensa ? Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,629 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

How's this for a speedy response -

Yes, I recommend Hiper from their office in centre of PP. I've used them numerous times and have already booked witrh them for this year's trip. Book in advance, don't just turn up at the office. Good website that explains clearly all the relevant aspects.

http://www.hiperrentacar.com/en/

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

KWUK - what you said made me think - for the first time ever we won't be renting a car for our visit to PP. The cost of rental with a decent company just put us off. If we were staying further out, down a country road, we wouldn't have much choice but in the centre of PP...We've visited lots of places on the island during previous visits so we are going to get public transport or taxis if we get itchy feet. Thanks to you for the tip re Conde we'll be picked up from the airport etc. That's not cheap at 150 euros both ways of course but it'll be nice to just take off. I just wondered if your decision was for similar reasons. I'll come back and let you know if we miss it.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,629 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

littlelamb, we've got a slightly unusual set of circumstances this year which includes being in PP for just over the usual fortnight.

So decided not to hire at airport, instead will use Conde for private transfers (late arrival on day 1) and only hire a car for middle part of our stay in PP to give some flexibility.

Overall (even with the luxury of private transfer) it works out cheaper in total than hiring car at airport (and not using it every day of the whole longer than normal holiday)

Edited: 28 April 2014, 23:54
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

Forgive my nosiness KWUK and thanks for sharing that. Similar sums to ours, though perhaps for different reasons. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that others will be doing the same.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

If staying in metropolis of Pto Pollensa (and not outside the resort) I would only consider hiring a car for the full duration of a holiday if it was off-season.During the summer there is no incentive to take to the roads. Easy enough to use the local buses for the odd trip eg to Pollensa/Cala San Vicente/Formentor.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

I agree Wirral. When we first came to the island we stayed up a rickety country road, glad to have a car with young teens who went into spasms at the thought of actual exercise. We explored almost every corner of the island; that's how we discovered PP. Lots of rentals and exploring later, we had started to park the car in PP and only see it (driving over to Cala San Vicenc etc) occasionally. It was still cheaper than transfers etc so we continued but it has slowly dawned on us to ditch the car. Without it though I don't think we'd have seen so much of the island.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

Similar thing here.....we have tended to get a taxi at the airport then hire a car for a week in the middle.

Always visit Valdemossa, market at the old town, Cala san V and here and there (including watching the sunset from the mountains). This year probably only doing 5 days as persuaded kids not to go to Western Water Park!

Mentioned in this post
Western Water Park
Western Water Park
1,753 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

Hiper Rent a car is to be recommended, as per the first reply. You can pick up your car in the centre of Puerto Pollenca. They have a good fuel policy, i.e. you bring the car back full (petrol station is almost next door), you thereby only pay for the fuel you actually use. Book via their website, we did and, strangely enough, found that 8 days hire was cheaper than 7 days!

Mentioned in this post
Pollenca
Pollenca
Majorca, Spain
9. Re: Car Hire Company in Puerto Pollensa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca