We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alarming email from villa parade

Swansea
Level Contributor
131 posts
12 reviews
alarming email from villa parade

We have just received two emails, one from travelopo informing us that the apartment we have booked with villa parade is unavailable and should never have been sold to us, and another from villa parade asking us to get in touch with them. They have confirmed that some properties are no longer available and say they will do their best to accommodate or refund. They also stress that we should have no contact with travelopo who are asking for our booking details. We have our flights booked desperately and are staying at the Miramar for a second week. If we are left high and dry we will struggle to find anywhere to stay at this late stage. The apartment we have booked is the beachfront brisas marina. Has anyone else had these emails or can anyone shed any light? Nightmare!

Swansea
Level Contributor
131 posts
12 reviews
11. Re: alarming email from villa parade

Thank you, Littlelamb. We are yet to get any response from vp but will definitely post any news when we do. It's only myself, my husband and our daughter travelling so will be easier for us than for those travelling in large groups. From what I have read it sounds like you may be ok...fingers crossed. Check out your accommodation on v p' s website. The ones in question have either been removed or, like ours are showing no vacancies through 2015. I will keep everything crossed for you.

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
93 reviews
12. Re: alarming email from villa parade

Jacks the other post (thanks to others for linking it) is now up to 124 and makes upsetting reading; heart goes out to people who have been/are looking forward so much to their holidays. We appear all to be caught up in a mess not of our own making. Following your advice I just checked the VP site. Our apartment shows as fully booked up to and including Sep 2015. It's a great place in a very popular spot but no way. So I have assumed it's gone pear shaped and booked somewhere else. I don't feel I can trust either of the companies involved. I'm "lucky" it wasn't more than the deposit of £500 I guess but I will certainly be working on getting that back.

Edited: 01 May 2014, 00:23
Swansea
Level Contributor
131 posts
12 reviews
13. Re: alarming email from villa parade

Sorry you have lost original booking but glad you have found somewhere. We have paid in full. Our original booking with vp was for a 5 bed villa in llenaire. However, tragically my father in law(who was paying for the family hols) died just before xmas. Obviously none of us wanted to go to the villa without him so we asked vp to cancel it. They refused stating we could only transfer deposit (nearly £2000) to another property or lose it. My husband understandably didn't want his mum to lose this so we used it for the apartment. Looking back, vp' s rather unsympathetic reaction to our loss should have rung alarm bells. Live and learn! Hope you have a lovely holiday...things usually work out in the end don't they!

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
93 reviews
14. Re: alarming email from villa parade

I'm so sorry Jacks. I really hope it works out. I have to work now (dammit) but will message you later.

15. Re: alarming email from villa parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca