We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you do when it rains?

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What do you do when it rains?

We arrive on Tuesday for 6 nights staying at The Daina, really looking forward to it. I think this will be our 10th visit to PP and we have always had great weather. Looking at the forecast (I know I shouldn't) and doesn't look great and maybe a few days with rain. Jut wondered what people do if it does rain. We have my elderly mother in law with us and our 13 year old son. So the plan was just to relax as MIL has not been well. We also love Cala St Vincent so will go there. So thinking of places to visit on a rainy day. Would love to hear suggestions.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,035 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you do when it rains?

If you have a car - Caves of Campanet, Caves of Arta.

Or sit on your balcony at the Daina and continue to take in the wonderful sea-view until the sun comes out again.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Honeymooners have their own solutions of course but you could take a pack of cards, games, books/ e-reader. If you have a DVD player you could take a box set of DVDs you've been meaning to catch up on. We either hit the road looking for interesting churches, galleries or museums or stay put, just hunker down with a book or crossword until it passes, happy to be on holiday without rainy day chores at home. It's been a rare sight on our PP holidays so I guess we've been lucky.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Sorry - 13 year olds rarely get excited about a trip to museums and art galleries! There is an indoor public swimming pool in PP and that's where I would take him plus it's quite fun swimming in the rain though not as easy to dry off. Shopping is good too if he's into that. If you're keen on sports there are bars showing the main fixtures/games. Does he have a tablet? Bit of surfing and staying in touch with friends. The Daina have a couple of PCs he could use - have to pay of course. Internet cafe not far and very cheap.

Leeds
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you do when it rains?

We arrive Tuesday too and I'm hoping its warm as our 7 year old will be wanting to spend hours in the pool and the sea and I don't want to get hypothermia! Went this time last year and it was very pleasant. Not sea weather but managed a dip in the pool. Fingers crossed

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Festival Park near Inca and beside the Motorway PM27.Lots to go at there.

We were staying in PP (at Hotel Uyal-I recommend) last week in May 2012.Weather was awful.It did get us down even though we had a hire car.In fact MrsWS has said she is not going back to Majorca for the foreseeable future.I went on my own last October stayed in Cala Bona so I am not such a defeatist.Lots of people including me say May weather is iffy.It can be nice-by all accounts it was last year-but it can be miz.You take a chance.

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Hi, we fly out on Tuesday as well and the weather forecast seem to differ so much it is hard to know which one to half believe, best not looking but think we will take jackets just in case as got caught out 2 years ago and had 10 days of rain and didn't see any sun until the last day and have to admit it was depressing. Had to go into Alcudia and buy a coat as it was freezing (11 degrees) during the day and we had all the wrong clothes. At the end of the day we have to take what we get and can only hope the forecast is wrong.

Level Contributor
118 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Hi, we fly out on Tuesday as well and the weather forecast seem to differ so much it is hard to know which one to half believe, best not looking but think we will take jackets just in case as got caught out 2 years ago and had 10 days of rain and didn't see any sun until the last day and have to admit it was depressing. Had to go into Alcudia and buy a coat as it was freezing (11 degrees) during the day and we had all the wrong clothes. At the end of the day we have to take what we get and can only hope the forecast is wrong.

Reigate, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Thanks. We have an I pad and have downloaded films and I have my talking books. Didn't realise there was an indoor pool in PP so will check that out if need be. The temperature looks like it will be ok and I love swimming in the rain. We do all the time in Florida but then even when raining its always over 30 degrees when we are there. We were in Sorrento the last week of October last year and the sun shone continuously, it was glorious. We were hoping for the same in PP. It wont spoil it for us though, plenty of lovely places to go for lunch and we have nearly 4 weeks in Florida in August so will be plenty of sun.

Hope others going this week also have a great time.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Florida in August?! Wow you're definitely braver than me then. It's warm enough in January. The Sorrento and Amalfi coasts are hot; much hotter than Mallorca and not just because of geographical location - being an island cools things down a lot but on a sizzling day in PP in high summer when only the ants are active you'd take some convincing that's true. You sound really well prepared for whatever comes your way weather wise and that's the way to be. Have a lovely time.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do you do when it rains?

Match Point Bar has a pool table and table football upstairs which can help occupy the younger ones.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca