We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to hire wheelchairs

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Where to hire wheelchairs

The father in law has taken a turn for the worse mobility wise,so I need to source a wheelchair for him ( whether he likes it or not)

We arrive at the Hotel Daina tomorrow ,midday time so I want to try and get one ASAP ....

Any suggestions welcome .

Teesside
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

hi I did a google search and found this

http://www.pollensamobilityhire.co.uk/

hope it sorts you out

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

That's great,thank you very much Serena

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

Steven, see link below for the hire shop (been running for many years) located about 5 mins from Daina very near Flora.

http://www.multi-hire.com/

Have a good holiday.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

Thanks KWUK,helpful as ever.

Looking forward to seeing the Puppy tomorrow!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

That place KWUK recommends is incredible I did not know about it until last year but it is like Arkwrights-they have or can organise everything/anything.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

Might be too late but try and organise airport assistance in advance for outbound and return. They can provide a wheelchair or one of these beepy vehicles for your dad-in-law. Hope his room has accessible shower. Have a great time.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

We had already organised the wheelchair assistance. The supervisor at Palma Airport was absolutely vile...a bit of stress etc...she as good as accused the father in law of feigning not being able to walk...I think she understands now,in quite frank English that she was wrong.

Anyhow, we got some morphine type patches for him and they have eased the pain considerably.

All safe and sound at the Daina now.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

Oh no how awful the way you were treated. Disgraceful and sadly, it's not the first time I've heard this. Isn't it odd - Spanish people imho are usually warm and lovely; especially to children. Elderly and disabled or adults with learning disabilities...not so much. That's where Brits are pretty good usually (just saying...I know it's not perfect). But it's the law in UK - can't discriminate thankfully - in theory. Fingers crossed for trip and return journey. Go on, get in that pool and get an ice cold caña in front of you.

Kelty, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

Pollensa Care just off the square, I think it is right across from the police station. Sandra the owner was a nurse and now hires out disability equipment. Sure she will be able to help you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to hire wheelchairs

That's a good idea from Jack R; I'd forgotten about Pollensa Care. Here's their website link -

http://www.pollensacare.com/

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations