We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port de Pollenca

County Kerry...
Level Contributor
51 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Port de Pollenca

Looking for nice apartments in Port de Pollenca for families 2 adults and 2 children 7 & 5. We are sourcing for next year 2015 and is there a best time to book re prices. Also any tips for families would be greatly appreciated. First timer to Port de Pollenca and wondered whats the view on it.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port de Pollenca

In my over 30 years' experience, no worthwhile reductions at desirable S/C places by booking early.But to be sure of getting what you want, you need to be booking for peak season 2015 between Oct 14 and March 15. I think the general view on PP is that it is one of the resorts in Majorca most suited to a family the make-up of yours as long as you aren't dependent on man-made entertainments. If you enjoy your food (and are willing even to chance some not-too-outlandish- local/Spanish dishes then so much the better as there is a wide choice of decent eateries at all price levels.

But even the kindest critic could not say it is an inexpensive place for accommodation especially. One tip if I may.....take an early look at Maricel Apartments.1 block back from waterfront,fairly priced,bright and airy,quiet pool area,well-managed and maintained.Just a mini-recommendation from me.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 17:07
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,289 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port de Pollenca

I wholly concur with WS, above. Maricel is worth looking at, though perhaps having two children in your group is one too many for Maricel (?). Maricel tend to book up early, especially for school holidays

Agree about pricing, very few price reductions in the resort. The earlier you book the more choice you will have, as best places do book up early for peak season.

If you did want family-oriented places that have kids pools and entertainment, then your list should include Puerto Azul, Flora, Playa Mar and Villa Concha (check suitability of nos of bedrooms / people).

For quieter places then consider researching private bookings direct with accomodation owner using website linked below for research and intro. I can personally recommend, and would be very suitable for your group, Sangri La complex (often listed as Acron, Brite or Circe blocks) which is located in Pine Walk area in website's location dropdown.

http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
480 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port de Pollenca

Hi,

We've been to Puerto Pollensa many times, most recently last May when our children were 7, 4 and 13 months to the Puerto Azul hotel that has been mentioned above. It has been refurbished over the past winter, and we have booked to go again next year at the end of May. It was lovely, there was kids entertainment but not full-on kids clubs where you could leave your children, and a really nice pool area (no slides or anything though, but we preferred that - you can actually have a good swim, and the children were happy just to swim or splash about in the shallower pools).

When our eldest child was 18 months, and again when he was 4 and his younger sister was 18 months, we stayed in private apartments on the Bellresguard 'estate', once in the Brite block (again as mentioned above) and once further back but I can't remember what that block was called. The Brite apartment was lovely, ground floor (I refuse to mix children, of any ages, and balconies!) and really well-equipped. It was a short (less than 5 mins) stroll from the Pine Walk and beach. It was great for us with toddlers, but we wouldn't go there now that the kids are older - my children are really sociable so they love to mix with other children, but also they fight with each other a lot so I could not stand a holiday that was just like being at home but with warmer weather! That's why we've gone for more of a 'package' type holiday now.

But wherever you book, you can't go wrong with Puerto Pollensa. You are sure to join the rest of us who go once and then keep going back! I first went in 1993, with my parents (I was 16, it was our first family holiday abroad and I remember that me and my younger brother and sister just could not believe that we were actually going abroad on an aeroplane and not in a caravan for a week in Devon!) Anyway, my parents still go regularly, as do me and my siblings and their other halves and children. Sometimes we all go together! That's a big thing you will notice about Puerto Pollensa, there are a lot of families on holiday with parents, children and grandparents all together.

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port de Pollenca

hi seen as though there are quite a few of you i think it would be cheapest to get a villa or large apartment personally then you arent paying per room, have a look at homeaway.co.uk and ownersdirect, just make sure on the map that you are near to the port as quite a few villas are on the pollensa to puerto pollensa road which is a big main road, not ideal for walking x

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port de Pollenca

For a reasonable cost I suggest the Flora appartments The oro player appartments, but my money is on the flora vist there web site They also own massol appartments which is good value . I have just had a good deal with directline holidays stopping at the massol appartments studio Oct 2014 in my case but you can get the use of the flora if you wish , 2 adults studio, s/c, flights, seating, bagage, transfers, 2wks, 3 figure sum flying from birmingham. also just to add on good value place to eat pepes opp flora and bodega can ferra see web site.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 11:32
Sussex
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port de Pollenca

I would stay well away from Oro Playa. It is in a fantastic location near the pinewalk and the resort but it gets very poor reviews. Check those out thoroughly first.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,289 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port de Pollenca

Another reason to avoid Oro Playa is that in past years they have treated their end-of-season customers very badly - by choosing to close early and off-loading pre-booked customers to other accommodation (and in a different resort in some cases)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port de Pollenca

I think most poor reviews of the Oro Playa are from those staying in the standard apartments. They also have premium apartments, newly refurbed, which should be nicer.

We were choosing between the Oro and Flora for our visit in Sept and chose the Flora mainly based on price. It has also been refurbished recently so should be ok.

KWUK, we stayed at the Daina apts in 2012 and were moved to the Hostal Bahia as they were closing the Daina (Hoposa did warn us in advance though). It turned out fab though because we ended up with a sea view room and free breakfast! We loved the Bahia so much that we returned the following year!

9. Re: Port de Pollenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations