We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Mirimar

Newport S Wales UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the Mirimar

What is it about us British now with this reserving your sun beds at 7 am and not using them until lunch time. Staying at the hotel Mirimar and it's a nightmare here trying to get a bed with a sun shade. Would not be so bad if it was the younger people but it's not it's the age group who moaned about the Germans doing it. What really gets me is that they think this is acceptable behaviour.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Mirimar

Have had this problem at Miramar. They are all pathetic. Would rather sit on the beach. Wish I was brave enough to do what my son does when he is staying at hotels with this issue, just takes towels off and uses bed.Not just Miramar they are all the same. Love the Miramar though.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Mirimar

How many times do we read about this problem in hotels all over Spain? Imo the only way around it is to book an hotel that allocates your sunbeds and parasol for the duration of your stay at check-in.You get out there and find your beds with a ticket on them with your room number on an attached label.That's the way to do it.

4* and above and customary in Canaries.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Mirimar

I completely agree tonlew. In fact I started a thread called Stand by Your Sunbeds when we got back from staying at the Daina. I saw people reserving sunbeds at the Miramar and the Sis Pins too. It intrigues and infuriates at the same time that people can do that with no concern for anyone else. I agree about the beach - we went there instead. We only ever want to use sunbeds for an hour so paying 14 euros for that was a bit annoying though. I've never stayed in a place with ticketed sunbeds Wirral but it sounds like a good idea. You did PM me about Lido di Jesolo but you didn't give the name of the hotel - I'm sure people here wouldn't mind? I've stayed at hotels where you need to show your ID to enter the pool area - good idea.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Mirimar

Il Teatro.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Mirimar

Grazie mille Wirral.

6. Re: Staying at the Mirimar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca
Recent Conversations