We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant that looks like a castle

portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant that looks like a castle

I have been recommended a place to eat that looks like a castle . It's on the main road to the left as you approach the town, but the recommender cannot remember the name ! Apparently it's an all you can eat type place . Can any one help ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

where abouts? on the road between pollensa and the port or pollensa and the motorway?

portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

Yes I think so...apparently you can't miss it !! As it looks like a big castle on the side of the road !

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

As you approach PP around the bay from Alcudia side, there's the Torre Playa on the L, that has a castle's round tower on the signage of its square torre. That's the best I can come up with so far. Have a look -

http://goo.gl/ZNfRox

Mentioned in this post
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

hmm yeah i cant think of anywhere else like that! the only restaurants on the main road between pollensa and the port are La Punta (on the corner of the road leading to Cala San Vincente) and La Boca on the round a bout nearest to pollensa from the port

Mentioned in this post
Cala San Vincente
Cala San Vincente
Majorca, Spain
wales
Level Contributor
343 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

I think i know the place you are talking about its on the road out of puerto pollenca heading inca direction.

Cant think of the name of it though, but it is on a corner with very large potted plants outside.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

I am sure you are thinking of Restaurante Buffet Menestralia in Campanet.Actually despite the address I think it is nearer to Buger. You can see it (and its crenellations) on the RHS as you drive north on the motorway just before you turn off at the Sa Pobla junction for Pollensa/Port de Pollensa. One of Majorca's hidden lunch bargain spots.Vast buffet, all you can eat for 10 euros. Now that the whole world knows about this place, please form an orderly queue.Bet your life you will be outnumbered by locals. Enjoy. You need a car.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurante Buffet menestralia
Restaurante Buffet...
99 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

Are we there yet ? -

http://goo.gl/o5ZZ5U

wales
Level Contributor
343 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

Thats the place, i would never have remembered the name of the place though as its so far out.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

Got to be 10 miles from PP surely? But I am certain it is where OP is seeking.Just sitting here thinking what you can get for lunch in PP for 10 euros? Not a lot. At Menestralia you can gorge yourself on hot and cold dishes galore.Prawns in abundance.Freshly made paella and not from a freezer kit. Btw if you have an early flight to Palma and you are driving your hire car to Pto Pollensa/Alcudia Bay resorts/Cala San Vicente then this is an ideal place to stop for lunch.Exit the motorway at Buger and the road runs parallel to the motorway.

Mentioned in this post
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant that looks like a castle

oh yes i recognise that! not exactly close to PP!

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca