We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach ideas?

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach ideas?

Off to PP this Friday for a long weekend. Wife and I usually go this time of year for our anniversary as we love it there.

Have hired a car so would like to find a couple of really lovely/good beaches away from the crowds where we can spend the day relaxing & chilling out.

Any ideas & locations would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach ideas?

It's high season - little chance of finding a beach that's not busy - especially considering forecasted weather this weekend.

Having said that, Playa de Muro - not far from Pollensa - is so big that even when it's "full" it doesn't seem "packed". Otherwise, I'd recommend avoiding the "famous" beaches like Es Trenc and Cala Mondrago. If you look up "packed" in the dictionary, there will be pictures of both taken in high season.

Best bet is to take a sail out of Pollensa to get where few others can go. Try Tudor Dawn charters - lovely couple, their trips are very reasonably priced and therefore may be booked out, but they have friends that offer sail trips that they can refer you to.

http://www.tudordawnyachtcharters.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach ideas?

if youre a driver go up to the two beaches just past Formentor, not sure of the names but the locals tell me theyre quite hidden so the tourists dont know them

3. Re: Beach ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca