We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

We would like to spend a day on Catalina Island. After doing one of the many activities available on the island, we would like to sit on the beach and relax for a while. Is there a place to rent unbrellas, lounge chairs, etc.?

Saint Peters...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

You can rent a cabana and chairs or just chairs at descanso beach club. It is a beautiful location and all the items looked very new when we were there in May. They are a bit pricey in my opinion ... $75 for two chairs, $250 for a cabana, and $400 for a presidential cabana. The presidential cabanas seem to have a better locaton on the beach which i think is the difference in price. Rental does include a few other amenities like chilled bottled water, WIFI, beach towels, as well as a fruit bowl in the cabanas. You can reserve them online at www.visitcatalinaisland.com. Like I said, it is a beautiful location, just depends on what you want to spend.

Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

Thanks. I will check out the website. It does seem a bit pricey, but after all its costing us 280.00 for a family of 4 to go to Universal Studios and I don't even like rides. Oh well whip out the credit card. LOL

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

Descanso Beach Club is private with a lot of extras including Personalized Food and Beverage Service and Cabana host/hostess. I cannot think of any place in Avalon to rent just a chair and umbrella to sit on the public beaches.

visitcatalinaisland.com/avalon/dini_descanso…

Edited: 11 June 2012, 23:02
Valley Stream, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

Thank you everyone. I decided to reserve a spot at Descanso Beach Club.

Long Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

There is a small shack called beach rentals that has chairs, umbrellas and towels for significantly less than the beach club...not quite as nice but less expensive.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

<<There is a small shack called beach rentals that has chairs, umbrellas and towels for significantly less than the beach club>>

Do you have a location? I cannot seem remember anything and I could not fid anything on the internet.

7. Re: Chair and umbrella rentals on Catalina Beach???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:15