We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

Los Angeles, CA
9 posts
Save Topic
Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

A group of 20 of us is chartering a yacht this Sunday from San Pedro to Catalina, they are offering to take us to different locations around the island. We will only have 3 or 4 hours before we have to head back. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions for dining with such a big group.

Thanks!! =)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,685 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

Is the yacht allowed to dock in Avalon the few hours you have a meal and wait for you, or do they go to different coves for you to play with water toys like jet skies, etc?

Los Angeles, CA
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

Hi they can dock at Avalon or take us around

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,826 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

<<Hi they can dock at Avalon or take us around>>

They can probably drop you off at the pier but I'm pretty sure they cannot stay. They will probably have to anchor outside of the harbor, which should not be a problem. But I would definitely have them take you Avalon to explore. We had a friend pick us up in their 60' yacht one year at the fuel dock (on the west end of the harbor). This is probably the best place but the captain of the yacht you chartered should know. This was a few years ago.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,685 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

I asked, because our family boat does not have a slip in Avalon, and cannot dock at the pier where the Catalina Express drops you off. However, I didn't know if the yacht had permission to stay while you dined or explored Avalon, or if you had to get in a dingy and motor over to the green pier. Sounds like it's all figured out.

Here are some restaurants you can check out:

www.visitcatalinaisland.com/avalon/Dining.php

5. Re: Yacht charter this Sunday, where should we stop in Catalina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Catalina Island