We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort ideas...

Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Resort ideas...

Due to lack of time and wanting honest opinions, I've decided to ask the forum!

I'm thinking of a weekend getaway for my husband and I. I've narrowed down my ideas to a few areas, one being Catalina Island. I need resort suggestions for an over 40 couple. We love to do spa days, snorkel, and dive.

Thank you!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort ideas...

I don't think of Catalina Island of having a lot of resorts to choose from, but the Pavilion Hotel in Avalon is very romantic. They have private patios, courtyard with fire pit, wine and cheese hour, Continental breakfast and are located across from the water.

Will you be going in the summer to do your dives? You need a full wet suit now as the water is cold.

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort ideas...

Hi EJD1,

Check out http://www.catalinachamber.com/where/ for a list of available accommodations that might fit your needs. We have several day spas here on Catalina- the list can be found here: …catalinachamber.com/Land-Activities/Massage…

Hope to see you on island soon!

3. Re: Resort ideas...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Catalina Island