We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Billiards on Catalina Island ?

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Billiards on Catalina Island ?

Will be visiting Catalina Island on a Carnival Cruise in June 2014. I would like to play pool (Billiards) while I am there. Can anyone reading recommend one or more places I may be able to play pool in town on a Monday between the hours of 11am and 4pm ? Addresses and/or directions from the port would be helpful too. Would need to be within walking distance from the port, but I can easily walk a mile or two!

Thanks for your input

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,387 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Billiards on Catalina Island ?

Yes, Luau Larry's, at 509 Crescent Ave, on the main street in Avalon, you'll find a pool table in the back. They have dart boards too.

http://www.luaularrys.com/

The Marlin Club, 108 Catalina Ave, is the oldest bar in Avalon. They are open at 10 am.

http://marlinclub.com/history.html

There may be more places. :You will probably tender from your cruise ship to the Green Pier, both places are near.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Billiards on Catalina Island ?

Thank you for your reply CAnative

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Billiards on Catalina Island ?

Hello,

Both the Marlin Club and JL's Locker Room have pool tables. Luau Larry's does NOT have pool tables or darts, perhaps CA Native is thinking of JL's, which has several of both. Both bars are located right in the center of town- the Marlin Club on Catalina St, and JL's on Sumner Ave. Have a great cruise!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,667 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Billiards on Catalina Island ?

We prefer JL's Locker Room for billiards. It's a brighter larger place and the pool tables are in the back, away from the bar.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Billiards on Catalina Island ?

Thank-you actgurlinva for the correction. I will seek out JL's Locker Room and/or Marlin Club when I am in town. Yamaha

6. Re: Billiards on Catalina Island ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Catalina Island