We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

truffles in Mugello (black and white)

Which Barberino Di Mugello hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prato, Italy
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
truffles in Mugello (black and white)

Last week I discovered that the Mugello area is also an interesting destination for truffles lovers.

I Knew the black traffles was quite common in the Barberino area, but I also discovered the area around Luco is a white truffle area.

I am very curios to try the Mugello white truffles.

Did anyone are aware of that?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: truffles in Mugello (black and white)

I can't believe you're an Italian living in Italy and don't know where white truffles are found. The season is under way now and there are white truffle festivals all over north and central Italy.

By the way, Prince Philip of England was in Le Marche this week visiting various truffle markets and experimental cultivation centers. There are truffle festivals in Sant'Angelo in Vado (ongoing, every weekend until the end of October) and in Acqualagna (October 31st, November 1st, and the two weekends following). Both are in very beautiful parts of Le Marche; I've never been to the one in Sant'Angelo, but we go often to the one in Acqualagna.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: truffles in Mugello (black and white)

Around and in San Miniato is the area to be for truffles at this time of year: http://www.san-miniato.com/

3. Re: truffles in Mugello (black and white)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Barberino Di Mugello