We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

Sorry for my seemingly never ending questions on this, but I have been scouring the internet to try and find some pictures taken of the views from the Two Story Beach Front Deluxe AC rooms at Oasis. I did find one picture in the TA Reviews that looked like they might be looking out to the side at the bar area and just a peek-a-boo if you leaned forward of the beach, but when I ask the resort about them, it sounds like they look straight out onto the beach (beach bar area in between)... I know this is being nitpicky, but we love being able to go back to our room, head onto the balcony, and still see the beach, so it's an important little detail for me.

The rates just seem almost too good for the rooms to actually have a pretty good view of the beach and no one has raved about them which I would have expected, so I'm a little skeptical on just how great these balconies are and if I should look elsewhere (elsewhere being Isis where they are holding onto Standard Bungalow #1 for us that opens up straight to the beach).

Anyways, if anyone has stayed in these rooms and could comment, it would be incredibly helpful, thanks!

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

This is the picture I was able to find in the reviews... actually not too bad (and I don't mind some noise until midnight or so since I know the bar is fronting the beach probably right beside this)... we are seeking a livelier atmosphere for this part of our trip and always pack earplugs). I think you step out onto the balcony and look to the right for the beach... are there just palm trees straight ahead out the door, or is there something unsightly there? I can't figure out why these rooms are not more popular, for the price they seem like a steal if the view is as good as it appears to be.

tripadvisor.ca/…LIGHTBOXVIEW

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

That link didn't seem to work... one more try:

tripadvisor.ca/…UR183887270

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,206 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

If you look at their resort map you would be lucky to get any ocean views from any of their rooms.....perhaps the front few only.You should really be emailling the property?

http://www.oasisresortbohol.com/location/

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

Judging by this photo,

boholbikers.com/undergroup%20pages/map/Airsh…

and this site map

http://www.oasisresortbohol.com/location/

Only the accommodation directly behind the Seaquest dive center, will have sea views but most likely will not have beach views. Or what you will see is a little bit of sand between the gaps in the "on the sand" restaurants under the shelters in front

If I wanted uninterrupted views, I personally would be trying to find out what the accommodation is a couple of places to the right of Oasis, in the aerial picture.

Also, as I suggested before, it would be best to be on the ground so you can see for yourself what works and what doesn't. Meaning, do not commit yourself, sight unseen, to something now. Wait until you are there. Unless you will be there in a peak period.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,206 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

I agree with Big Jim. You seem so obsessed with beachfront with unobstructed views that anything you book in advance may not meet your expectations.

Book 1 night then hunt around for options.

Tommo

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

You're right, sorry this last thread was probably overkill. Hadn't had any luck with my questions (some great advice, but not quite what I was looking for) in the other thread, so thought I'd get more specific and try to reach out to someone who has stayed in these rooms and could give me some direct feedback (I have probably 10 back and forth emails with the resort to get as much info as possible, they've been fantastic and are living up to their great TA reviews). I don't know how I missed that location map of the resort, but that is very helpful (the rooms I'm looking at are either 17 or 18, now I know to make sure that I'd get one of those though), so thank you both for sending that.

I live near the most "tropical" place in Canada. It's a far cry from the definition of "tropical" in most countries in the world, but the only place I've seen palm trees (imported and on lawns, but palm trees nonetheless) that can live through the winter in this country. If I could afford a place in the Vancouver area where I could wake up and see the ocean from my home every morning, I'd live there in a heart beat (goals for later in life), but for now, any time we are traveling to a spot where beachfront or ocean view accommodation is actually affordable (in the $100/nt range), I try to take advantage of it. I know it probably sounds silly, but it's just how I base my travel for now... I'll be the first to admit I get a little carried away with trying to find the perfect spot but researching and asking questions here has paid off 100% of the time on previous vacations, so I'll probably continue to be a bit obsessive over it.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,169 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

traveling to a spot where beachfront or ocean view accommodation is actually affordable (in the $100/nt range), I try to take advantage of it.

------------------------------------------------------

Are you saying beach is not important? Just sea views?

Stay in Tagbilaran City at the Bohol Tropics

http://www.boholtropicsresort.ph/rates.html

P3150 for a deluxe horizon suite. Make sure you ask for a room with a king size bed.

The Deluxe Horizon Suites have balconies which over look the pool area, the bay, the sea and Panglao island in the back ground. You will see all the boats coming and going in the bay. Fast ferries, big ships and bangka boats (outriggers)

It is by the sea but has no beach

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

I took a look at those after one of your other recommendations, not really the area we were looking for, and beach action is definitely important so happy with our choice at Oasis. :)

9. Re: Oasis Two Story Beach Front Balcony Views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Panglao Island