We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips to coast from Granada

London
1 post
Save Topic
Day trips to coast from Granada

Hi all,

I will be staying in a villa in the city of Granada for 2 weeks, i was just wondeing if anyone knows how to get to the coast using public transport in the area. I've checked out a few organised tour trips to Malaga, Nerja etc but they all seem a bit pricy for a family of 6! Is it possible to get to the coast on public transport e.g. coach, bus or train???

Thank you

Sara

Walk in Granada Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Granavision Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours
Followme Granada
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips to coast from Granada

There are regular daily bus services with ALSA to the coast - Motril, Salobreña, Almuñecar and Nerja.

Fares reasonable e.g. 18.40 Euro per person return fare to/from Nerja.

See www.alsa.es for details.

There is no railway line from Granada to/along the coast.

Edited: 01 April 2010, 14:19
usa
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips to coast from Granada

We did a day trip on Alsa to Nerja, left mid morning I believe. It's a very pretty trip down to the coast. The time we selected did have a couple stops along the way, but they were fairly short. I can't recommend Nerja enough!! It's a beautiful village with white buildings winding the way down to the beach. The Balcony of Europe, the overlook point onto the Med is a must see! Just know that there is no actual bus 'station' where the bus stops in Nerja. It's just a little 'hut' on the side of the street (but there is a cafe right there if one needed a restroom right away!). We walked to the beach, and it's a generous walk, but you are walking among beautiful white houses! We had no idea where we were going; someone pointed in the general direction, and we just kept working our way down. And there was some construction as we got closer. I'm only telling you this so you will know if you decide to go there what to expect if you have small children or elderly or others who have a hard time walking. THere were cabs waiting right at the bus stop, however, who could take you right down to the beach area. Just be sure to see the Balcon de europa if you go!! And one more hint: we did not have time to eat before we left Nerja, and knew we'd be hungry on the bus ride home. Since we had a little time before our bus was to leave, we headed to the grocery store that is just across the street and around the corner (to the right) from the bus 'hut'. This might come in handy if there are children with you!

Where ever you decide to go, have a wonderful trip!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips to coast from Granada

Glad you enjoyed your bus trip to Nerja Lynn.

Hardly a village though! Actually quite a large town.

Edited: 04 April 2010, 07:17
usa
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips to coast from Granada

Yes, you are correct...it is a large town as could be seen from the Balcony. I guess since our time was limited there, we only focused on the area near the beach...and it just reminded me of a quaint village! My mistake! But still a beautiful place...just wish we had more time to explore.

5. Re: Day trips to coast from Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Province of Granada