We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Station to Alhambra Palace Hotel

Cumbria
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus Station to Alhambra Palace Hotel

Hi Guys - could someone let me know how far it is from the bus station to Alhambra Palace Hotel - I understand that the bus station is outside Granada - are we better getting a taxi?- if so what would be the cost ?- or getting a bus - in which case what number?

Cheers

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Station to Alhambra Palace Hotel

With luggage it is best to get a taxi. Should cost no more than €10.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,505 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Station to Alhambra Palace Hotel

The Alhambra Palace Hotel is not easy to reach from the bus station by public transport but you could take a public bus No. 3 or 33 into the centre and then take a taxi for the last leg I suppose.

For interest, I opened Google Maps and for the address inserted:

Granada near Callejón Niño del Royo, 14, España

which gave me the Alhambra Palace Hotel

and then tried to see what they say about Driving Directions from the bus station which is at :

Calle Minerva, 18014, Granada, España

and it shows 3 alternative routes - one being the longer one using the ring road taking 21 minutes and covering 18 kms. The other 2 are using the city roads and take about the same time but cover less distance.

Judging by the situation and costs of taxis in Spain it may well be more than Euros 10. Especially if the driver takes the ring road route.

The bus routes are shown on this web site:

http://www.transportesrober.com

And you can see the specific routes on this :

transportesrober.com/informacion/lineas.html#

I am not sure of the number of bus you will need to change onto after coming into the centre but it will be one of the Micro Buses that go up to the Alhambra entrance.

Maybe someone who has done this journey by bus can confirm. And best place to change which is probably at GRAN VIA near the cathedral.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Station to Alhambra Palace Hotel

thanks guys - thats really helpful

Kayella

4. Re: Bus Station to Alhambra Palace Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 05:17