We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information please

Portsmouth UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Information please

Hi, we have booked a stay at a villa at Mar Menor Golf Resort going with James Villas and we would like to know if there is a regular bus going to the coast? We will be there for the first two weeks of May. If no bus's how much do the taxi's charge. Thank you in advance.

15 replies to this topic
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information please

Hi yampy,

There's a bus route (operated by the Lycar bus company) that runs from Murcia city to Los Alcázares which is the nearest coastal resort.

The current timetables are here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

and here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Ask at the MMGR gatehouse and the staff can point you in the direction of the nearest bus stops.

Note that you can use the bus route on selected services to try different beaches at Los Narejos just a Km or 2 further on from Los Alcázares or alternatively Los Urrutias which is roughly half way between Los Alcázares and the southern end of the La Manga strip.

The buses are not all that frequent as you can see, so if you need a taxi to/from Los Alcázares, it'd be roughly €11-12 each way.

Cheers.

DD

Portsmouth UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information please

Thank you very much for helping me out you are very kind.

It's a shame really as the MMGR has a shuttle bus running through the day but only in July and August.

I am sure we will sort things out we usually do.

Thanks again

All the best.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information please

Hi yampy,

Does the shuttle still operate in the peak summer months? I read last year that up to mid-July last summer, the shuttle service had not commenced, so wondered if it still operated.

I guess it all comes down as usual to the cost of providing the service.

Anyway...does your rental provide any bikes? Obviously, it may not be practical for the beach lugging a back-pack with towel and water bottles and you may not be confident on the roads and the day time temps are already in the mid-20s C...but there are quite decent cycle lanes as you approach Los Alcázares from roughly where the road from Torre-Pacheco intersects the AP-7. It's also flat. Once you cross Avenida de la Libertad, it's about 200 metres to the beach.

Have a great holiday.

DD

Portsmouth UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information please

Hi DD,

The MMGR website mentions the shuttle bus so not sure if it is running or not. Anyway we are there in May so we are out of season. I have mobility problems so able to use bikes which is a shame as the idea would of been very appealing. Thanks for your time, effort and information it is very helpful. We have already planned a few journeys but will still be happy with the seclusion of MMGR with it's own mini mart, bar and eateries. All the best

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information please

Hi yampy,

We have booked a villa in MMGR for July. Could you post when you come back again with any information. First time in Murcia. Thanks Carol

Portsmouth UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information please

Hi Carol,

No problem I will.

Portsmouth UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information please

Hi Carol,

Weather was wonderful even better when you go. We arrived on a Saturday and found it hard to find the office where we had to pick up our key. The villa was superb except for it not being child friendly, very dangerous in the garden area. No cutlery for little children, very large thorns on bushes, grass very uneven and very high step from patio to garden. 50ft net along fairway to protect you from golf balls but not that effective as we collected several balls during our stay, one just missing my head. There is a Spar shop at the heart of the resort which is well stocked with fair prices. A clubhouse, a couple of onsite restaurants that we never used. There are more places to eat and drink near the main gate at the boulevard these are worth a visit but quite a long walk. Look out for the Mombasa Café/Pub very interesting décor with a children's play area at the rear. Taxis are always available in front of the Hotel but are expensive. The is a bus that runs into Torre Pacheco town every hour. Hope this helps any questions just ask. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Watford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Information please

Hi we are currently at the resort but are finding it difficult to find any information about the bus service you mentioned! Any idea where you catch them from and how much they might be please - any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Portsmouth UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Information please

Hi if you head towards the boulevard at the main gate where the Mombasa Café is. The bus stop is at the main gate. The buses are quarter past the hour. If you get stuck ask at the Café and they will help. The prices is only a couple of Euros. Hope this helps. Please let me know or if you have more questions. Hope you are enjoying the weather.

Watford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Information please

Ahhh thankyou. The sun has just appeared as I type! We are hoping to visit LOS ALCÁZARES and Torre Pacheco over the week we are here but only arrived yesterday evening and as it has been overcast have only managed an extended walk! Beach and sun is what we would really like as neither of us are golfers!!! Can you make any recommendations? Thanks again for your help :)

Reply to: Information please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torre-Pacheco