We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

hi we have been to the Oliva beach in January for the last 2 years and are looking to book somewhere for next month and was wondering about the Cotillo beach for a change and more relaxed holiday does anyone have any info about this hotel.

Also how long is it from the airport and how much in a taxi is it .

many thanks.

cremona
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

Cotillo beach is very nice (from photo I saw when I looked for rooms to book), it is near a mini-market.

Is is in front of the beach. I think one of the best is cotillo lagos or similar on the beach of El Cotillo

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,869 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

I don't know either hotel, but I think you should consider hiring a car. It takes 45 minutes to drive to Corralejo from the airport and I would imagine it would take nearer to an hour to El Cotillo. That's going to cost a lot, about the same as a week's car hire for nothing more than the return trip. Parking's free and petrol's cheap so a hire car must be a better bet. As long as you have a valid driving licence, of course. ;)

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

Hey

The Cotillo Beach Hotel appears a decent hotel from the outside looking in, it is not located on the beach although you can see the beach from the hotel. It is a few minutes walk over a few roads to get to the beach itself. There is a mini market attached to the hotel (on its frontage) and its a fairly easy walk into the heart of El Cotillo itself where there are some lovely restaurants.

The other hotel mentioned Cotillo Lagos is located right on the lagoon beaches and has direct access to pure white sand beaches. The difference being it is not of the same standard (slightly inferior) as the Cotillo Beach Hotel and is a collection of small white apartments/studios without a pool (doesnt need one) rather than a hotel complex. I stayed in the Cotillo Lagos last October and cant fault it for location. It is a little further out than Cotillo Beach Hotel but still within walkng distance of the village amenities.

From the airport it was an hour and 20 minutes transfer by coach and I would imagine a taxi would be very costly, so car hire would be the way to go.

Mart

Edited: 02 September 2013, 13:12
Essex
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

A taxi would cost about 50 euros.

The bus terminus in El Cotillo is just across the road from the hotel so if your flight arrival concides with the times of one of the buses from Pto del Rosario to Cotillo that would provide a cheap option. However, there are only 3 buses a day on that route at 10am, 2.15pm and 7pm. To catch one of the latter two you'd need to take the bus from the airport to Rosario at about 1.30pm or 6.15pm. (Bus times from the airport are approximate since the buses stop there en route from Caleta to Rosario but they should be at approximately these times.)

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

The 4 people that have posted above did you take time to look at the original date from the person asking this question? im sure thay have already been on there holiday as its dated 23rd december 2012 an was asking about a holiday for the next month this being (january 2013)

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

Hey

Oops

M

Edited: 02 September 2013, 18:48
7. Re: riu oliva beach verses cotillo beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo