We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday farmers markets

VERMONT
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday farmers markets

Are there any good Saturday or any day for that matter Markets outdoors around this area....we have a car so distance should not be a concern....

7 replies to this topic
San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday farmers markets

Hello there! I have checked the website of the official "Feria del Agricultor" where our local farmes come to town to sell their fresh produce, and I dont see theres one nearby on Saturdays. There is one in Jaco on Fridays, and also on Friday in Orotina. Heres the link to the website, although its in Spanish you can check out location and date …cnp.go.cr/images/Comercializacion/Ley/LISTA…

There might be other local markets going on, and I am sure someone, probably from the area, will provide more accurate information, but this is a start1

Have a nice day

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday farmers markets

In the Jaco area, there is a feria behind the soccer (futbol) field at the southern end of Jaco Beach on Friday a.m. The vendors begin breaking down about 12 noon or 1 pm so mid morning is the best. Plentiful fruit and vegetables, chicken, fresh orange juice among other things. (Just found some fantastic craft cheese there on Friday.) Additionally, there is an organic market in Hermosa (Calle Hermosa) on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. I just found out about this one and will take a look-see this weekend. Enjoy!

Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday farmers markets

Perhaps the largest farmers market in the whole area takes place every thursday (whole day) and friday (til early afternoon) in San Isidro Perez Zeledon. It`s huge and really worth going if distance is not a matter. Big and creative organic section! Nice drive over the mountains with amazing views!

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday farmers markets

The one on Calle Hermosa has some really incredible organic stuff. I'm there every week for my greens especially. Buy some fruits there too.

MA
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday farmers markets

How easy is it to find the farmers market in PZ/ San Isidro de El General? We are hoping to hit it up Friday the 20th. Also is the selection generally pretty good on Fridays or do things tend to be cleared out by then? Finally, do they still hold it around the holidays?

Thanks!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday farmers markets

There is a farmer's market set up in Quepos every Friday evening and Saturday morning. It is located on a walkway by the ocean so it is a nice view and you can even see beautiful sunsets over the water if you come on Friday afternoon. It is a good glimpse into local culture and many vendors are eager to let you sample fruits that may be uncommon to foreigners. I also here there is a larger farmers market worth visiting in Escazu on Saturdays.

MA
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday farmers markets

Gracias chica. We may check out the Quepos market. We are staying in Dominical (well I think Baru really). PZ seemed like it would be closer and possibly less touristy though that is an assumption based on the proximity of Quepos to MA.

Reply to: Saturday farmers markets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Herradura
Recent Conversations