We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson

Thomson have been advertising Agia Marina using a photo of the beautiful harbour of Agios Nicholias. I was extremely upset to arrive on holiday to find out the lovely waterfront picture shown on Thomson's website was actually on the otherside of Crete!

Mentioned in this post
Agia Marina
Agia Marina
Crete, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
706 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson

I noticed this much earlier in the year and have attempted to bring this to the attention of various persons and organisations. No-one interested. "The photo concerned is illustrative only and not intended to reflect your actual holiday experience,and does not form part of your holiday contract." i.e we just want your money and don't care if you feel mislead. We have both worked within the travel marketing industry, and unsurprisingly no longer buy package holidays. We do our own research (e.g. on Tripadvisor), and source the various components ourselves.

Other Tripadvisor users will now have noted your and my points and will act accordingly. If you cannot rely on the tour operator to provided a reliable impression of your destination, don't use that operator.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson

I can take some comfort in the fact I didn't actually book my holiday through Thomson and did arrange it independently. However, I do feel a fool for carrying out part of my research by using their website. The photo clearly had Agia Marina written on it so it's clearly false advertising. I contacted them on Facebook as soon as I realised and they took the photo down within 2 hours and did apologise. I just hope that someone who did book their holiday through Thomson will see this post and try and get compensation. Meanwhile I've learnt that I should research more thoroughly!

Mentioned in this post
Agia Marina
Agia Marina
Crete, Greece
3. Re: Thomson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina