We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

Seattle WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

Hi all,

We recently went to Guatemala and Belize and I wrote up our experience in Belize while staying at the Martz Farm. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions about our stay with very hospitable Martinez family!

travelingbhat.com/2014/…

6 replies to this topic
San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

Awesome review! Thanks! So you must've done the pontoon boat on the lake there to get to the waterfalls, right? Glad you had such a great time.

Seattle WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

Yes we did the pontoon boat ride. It was so pretty back there. We saw more wildlife (howler monkeys, iguanas, crocs) than any other human. That is so rare!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

Hope you don't mind I posted your site to the Cayo Scoop.

scoop.it/t/…martz-farm-adventures

Great to hear such awesome reviews about such a fun place. I love the pontoon boat.

Seattle WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

Sure DrFeelAwesome! Thank you for the repost. It was a lovely trip. Will be writing up my dangriga part of the trip shortly!

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

This is great. Thanks! We are heading to Belize in a couple weeks and Martz Farm is where we were thinking of staying. Question: I'm traveling with my "kids" who are 19 and 21 and will want to go to the ATM and be pretty active. We'll only have 3 days there. Still worth staying there or is the drive too far if we'll be doing day trips?

Thanks again!

Seattle WA
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm

We met people at the lodge who went on all day trips to Tikal so I am sure you can be active off property from here but with younger kids like ours we didnt feel like moving off property and had plenty to do for 3 days on the farm.

Have a great time!!

Reply to: A jungle farm experience - trip report to Martz Farm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benque Viejo del Carmen