We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Arcidosso to Perugia

Gdynia, Poland
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Arcidosso to Perugia

Are there any buses or trains that go from Arcidosso to Perugia? Please help, because I can't find anything.

3 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,784 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Arcidosso to Perugia

Arcidosso to anywhere can't be easy, it's a pretty remote place, and absolutely no trains - it's halfway up a mountain (Monte Amiata). Getting to Perugia is going to require numerous changes for it's a good two hour drive (possibly more) even in the car. Is there a bus to Acquapendente perhaps and then Orvieto (possibly via Bolsena) and then Perugia? Peggy / anyone with bus links? Though this is the province of Grosetto, not Siena. Incidentally, OP, how do you plan on getting there in the first place? Like all the towns and villages on the southern side of Amiata, it's very interesting but very Alpine. Pack well for it's usually freezing up there and very damp even in summer.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,633 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Arcidosso to Perugia

The only buses that I can find that leave from Arcidosso travel in the direction of Grosetto and Siena so not at all in the direction you want.

Edited: 13 September 2013, 07:54
Gdynia, Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Arcidosso to Perugia

Thanks for all your remarks, you confirmed my suspicions, it's a tough one.

lastraniera, to answer your question - we planned to Arcidosso from Siena by bus, there is only one during the day, leaves at 15.15: ramamobilita.it/IMG/pdf_generico_invernale_2… (page 28)

Now we have to rethink our plan...

Reply to: How to get from Arcidosso to Perugia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arcidosso