We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

I need to catch a 9:45 a.m. flight from Trang back to Bangkok. What would be the fastest way for me to get back to the Trang Airport from Koh Libong to catch my flight since ferry service isn't that frequent.

10 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

The boats to and from Libong just leave when they are full. If you wanted to get a flight in Trang at 9:45 you'd need to be leaving Libong about 6:30-7am, I think no boats will be running at that time. So you'd either need to arrange with a boat driver the day before to take you to the mainland very early in the morning as a prviate charter (and pay accordingly), or you'd need to stay a night in Trang. I'd definitely pick the second option.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

I was in Libong in Feb this year and last year my wife and I transferred by a long tail boat it would be best if you ask your resort if they could arrange an early transfer. The cost would probably be around 2500 bht

We stayed at the relax beach resort l

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

DO they travel by night?

We will be in trang at 19:30 and we need to get to libong same day

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,064 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

No they usually do not travel at night on the water. Either delay your hotel reservation by one day or book an earlier flight.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
44 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

I suggest you contact any of the agencies in Trang or your hotel. We contacted Jip at Trangtours - Trang Happy trip. She was excellent. Then can give you information about islands, times and prices. Google it as l don't think one is allowed phone numbers or websites here. If you go to Trang town, there are lots of agencies. This one is across from the station, it's the one by the 1952 Hotel and café, a very pleasant place.

Edited: 06 November 2017, 11:46
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

By the way the last time I went to Libong I didn't have my own transport (I usually rent a motorbike) and underestimated how difficult it was to get from Libong back to Trang. I could get the boat back to the mainland easily enough, but then there were no minivans at all for 4-5 hours (and no taxis around here either). In the end I resorted to walking and hoping somebody would take pity on me (usually works). After 15 minutes of walking I got a lift to a nearby town where I could find a taxi. Moral of the story, book your connections from the pier to Trang in advance when travelling to or from Libong. Don't just jump on a boat and assume there will be transport waiting at the other end.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,064 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

That's very rare in Thailand. Usually a van or a songthaew or even some tuktuks are meeting incoming boats or trains.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

Hi

Do you think that it will be possibly to catch a boat from Hat Yao to Koh Libong around 16? When is normally the last boat to Koh Libong?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

Does that mean 4pm? I think you will be okay. Last public boat will probably be just before dark.

10. Re: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2018, 10:06

Reply to: Trang Airport to Koh Libong (fastest way)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trang