We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Cottage - Heliconia

Benalla Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Cottage - Heliconia

Hi, Has anyone stayed at the Garden Cottage (on the same property as Heliconia Villa)? Wondering about road noise.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

(bump).......Anyone?

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

Where is Hardtoget when we need him - LOL!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
802 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

Suzii,

I think it was you that frightened Hardtoget away last time by saying what we were all thinking!

aussie56: follow the link to lots of previous forum info on Heliconia, it will be of some help until someone comes along with first hand experience.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=2626&geo=294328&q=Heliconia&sub-search.x=10&sub-search.y=10&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

aussie56

I know where Heliconia is, but haven't seen or stayed in the various accommodations.

But what puzzles me is that all 3 on Heliconia's website are referred to as Beach this or Beach that. Not a mention of a garden cottage. Has one been renamed or is it, perhaps, a cottage adjoining Heliconia?

Could you let us know where you saw the property or, perhaps, give a link. May help us to get a handle on it.

Edited: 19 October 2010, 23:28
Benalla Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

Sorry, I know it's called Beachfront Cottage on the website. It does have direct beach access, just a short walk alongside the main house.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

I certainly do not understand the question? According to your reviews you have stayed there before - so surely you have seen the cottage - beachfront or not?

Suzi

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

My wife and I just returned from a 2-week stay in the Cook Islands and we choose to stay in the BUNGALOW at Heliconia. From my understanding there are 3 properties that the owners rent:

(1) The Main House

(2) The Villa

(3) The Bungalow

The Villa was booked during our visit so we opted to stay in the Bungalow. We were VERY happy with our decision. The Bungalow is a little "home away from home." It has all of the amenities that you need to enjoy your vacation + is right on the beach in Titikaveka.

The amenitites: large living room w/ couch + chairs, TV with dvd player (bring movies if you wish), dining room table, full kitchen, laundry, 2 bedrooms.

It is very close to Muri Beach, so you can take your scooter down there and enjoy that area of the island if you wish. If the trade winds are kicking up, then you are located on the south side of the island which will bear the full brunt of the winds. Just an FYI.

We were very pleased with Heliconia. Feel free to private message me if you want more information.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

...oh, no road noise. I wouldn't give it another thought.

9. Re: Garden Cottage - Heliconia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Titikaveka