We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

Does anyone have any preferences in regards to spending a half day at a Hot Springs venue on the Mornington Peninsular? I've heard about the Peninsular Hot Springs and also Hepburn Hot Springs. Also, accommodation for 2 people close to the spa - any preferences? Something nice (4-5* and happy to pay up to $300 per night). Thanks a million.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

If you are going to Mornington Peninsula, you will be too far from Hepburn Hot Springs - they are in Daylesford. Looks like at the moment Hepburn Hot Springs is undergoing some renovations. At the MP Peninsula hot springs is pretty much your only option for this sort of things.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

I guess I should have looked on a map! Have you been to both? Would you recommend one over the other? Thanks by the way!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

I haven't been to the Hepburn Springs bathhouse since they renovated a few years ago as the entry fee jumped too much. My understanding is that it's more of a Spa environment now. http://www.hepburnbathhouse.com/

I do go the Peninsula Hot Springs a couple of times a year & it's great. You have the choice of going to the private area & having spa treatments, or just bathing in the many small hot springs scattered around the grounds. It does get VERY busy on weekends & I prefer to go midweek. It's actually lovely in Winter as well!

As mentioned, if you are going to the Mornington Peninsula, you only have the one option.

If the Hepburn Bath house interests you, the Daylesford area is also a great place to visit as an alternative.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

Totally agree with Ellen. I have been to the Peninsular Hot Springs a couple of times on a weekend and they can get very busy. They are definately worth a visit, but if you can, I would recommend a week day visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

Ellenwillow/Navy, does the peninsula hot springs place get busy on weekends in winter too?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

I haven't been on a winter weekend since they opened the new area, so I'm not sure how busy it gets. My last visit was about a month ago on a Friday & the crowd level was good.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

Thanks. Considering a visit, can't do midweek but could do without the crowds! Will update this post with info if I end up going.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

Went to the peninsula hot springs today. It was beautiful, and busy but not too busy. They cap the numbers and you definitely need to pre-book for weekends as they get booked out early. Great place to go though, definitely recommend for tourists and will definitely be back!

9. Re: Which Hot Springs to go to on the Mornington Peninsular

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 08:15