We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Duvai

bundaberg
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Duvai

Would like to pick someones brains about visiting Royal Duvai, cant seems to find any recently posts. Was wanting the low down on best bures to stay in, best to book through agency or direct.

Things to do on the island, is there plenty of activities available and is it best to book when we arrive or before we leave australia?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Selina

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Duvai

Hi,

I'm going to Royal Davui in February after ALOT of research.

The Island is very small and quiet so if this is not what you're after, I wouldn't pick Royal Davui.

The Island, Deluxe and Premium Vales are much the same but the higher you go the more room you have. Plus the Premium Vales are the only Vales which have heating in the pools.

The snorkelilng around this Island is supposed to be fantastic which was one of the selling points for me. We love to snorkel and having the opportunity to do this right off the beach sounds great.

I booked my flights myself through a great deal with Pacific Blue which is through Vigin Blue for only $199 each way per person. They usually have deals like this available if you book about 6 months in advance.

I booked our accommodation through Royal Davui direct but you might try and get a quote from them and then get a few quotes from travel agents to see if you can save a little bit of money. We took advantage of the pay 5 stay 7 deal which I thought was great value compared to other islands.

In regards to activities, you can kayak, snorkel, swim for free. They can also organise for jet ski safaris, deep sea fishing and other things to come to the island for a cost.

I'm not sure what it is your after from your holiday but Royal Davui fit in with what we were looking for and I can't wait to be there.

Also - try reading this long review if you want a detailed review to give you an idea on the island.

…blogspot.com/2010/01/thanksgiving-in-paradi…

Chicago
Level Contributor
275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Duvai

We stayed at Royal Davui in July for our wedding and honeymoon. It is, hands down, the most amazing place we've ever stayed. We booked a deluxe vale but, when we arrived, we were upgraded to a Premium. We stayed in #5, which I've read is the owners' favorite, and it was perfect - a gorgeous view of ocean FOREVER, glass walls on two sides, the doors open up onto huge patios.

We booked through an agent since we stayed at multiple resorts and had to arrange a lot of travel, but I wouldn't hesitate to book through the resort. We also got a Pay 5, Stay 7 rate.

There's a lot to do on the island if you choose. During the week we stayed, we got married :), had two massages each, snorkeled, kayaked, did a village visit, did the sandspit picnic, participated in a kava ceremony, hung out in our plunge pool. Some days we just sat in chairs by the beach and read books. We booked everything but the sandspit picnic the day of, but that was only because we knew we wanted to go the day after our wedding.

Any other questions, let me know. I also have a website with TONS of pictures from our trip!

3. Re: Royal Duvai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Royal Davui Island