We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from Tarquinia to Orvieto

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
getting from Tarquinia to Orvieto

Hi,

We will be in Tarquinia next April, and want to go from there to Orvieto.

I know we can take the train back to Rome and then go to Orvieto, but was wondering if anyone knows of a car service or taxi that could take us directly?

We realize it might be pricey, but it also could be a good splurge, as it gains us time.

We thought of renting a car in Civitavecchia where we will be arriving by ferry from Sicily, but only Hertz has an outlet there that would allow us to leave the car in Orvieto, and the office will be closed when we get there. Even worse, the office in Orvieto will be closed when we get there on May 1 because of the holiday. This means a car rental would be pretty expensive and so we though of a car service or taxi.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

joe

(Sorry - I posted this question as a reply on a previous topic.)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,430 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from Tarquinia to Orvieto

Buses via Viterbo to Orvieto www.cotralspa.it

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from Tarquinia to Orvieto

Thank you for the bus schedule.

I looked at the schedule, and it appears that we can get to Viterbo on a Sunday, but "NESSUNA PARTENZA" is listed for Sunday routes from Viterbo to Orvieto.

Any hints about taxis or car service?

Grazie,

joe

3. Re: getting from Tarquinia to Orvieto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2018, 22:18