We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Rome to Tarquinia & Cerveteri and back to Civitavecchia

Pittsburgh, PA
14 posts
Save Topic
From Rome to Tarquinia & Cerveteri and back to Civitavecchia

I am flying into Rome at the beginning of April and taking a ferry to Sicily the following day. I'm wondering if I can start out from Rome in the morning and get to Tarquinia & Cerveteri then back to Civitavecchia in time for the 8:15 ferry to Sicily. Does that seem realistic or too much for one day? I'll be using public transportation (bus or train) and might swing by Civitavecchia enroute from Rome to check on the ferry & drop a bag -- if they have bag check there (but that's a question for a different forum). My question: is this doable. Can I see both Tarquinia & Cerveteri in one day? Or should I stick to just Tarquinia?

Thanks in advance for your help!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Rome to Tarquinia & Cerveteri and back to Civitavecchia

I don;'t know how to get to Cervetari from Tarquinia. I know how to get to Tarquina form Rome and how to get to Civitavecchia forn Tarquinia though.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Rome to Tarquinia & Cerveteri and back to Civitavecchia

You can take the bus or the trian fron Rome to Tarquinia, b ut the train station is way outyside of town (blue tram on map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Supposedly a shuttle into tarquinia proper to Piazza Cavour whe3re the Museum is.

…about.com/od/northernlazio/p/tarquina.htm

Or

in Rome

Piazzale Flaminio

Last Updated by Pat on Apr 3, 2012

COTRAL bus to Saxa Rubra for Ferrovia nord train

http://books.google.com/books?id=rMkF_Lq8fyoC&pg=PA187&lpg=PA187&dq=Saxa+Rubra+train+station+Rome+Cotral&source=bl&ots=pa0MXhnI1z&sig=vENll7gAqftaPXWJyo0ISikdVGE&hl=en&ei=BdZKTeK1JY3pgAf_sbTXDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=Saxa%20Rubra%20train%20station%20Rome%20Cotral&

Got to go now

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,096 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Rome to Tarquinia & Cerveteri and back to Civitavecchia

Here is a earlier psot about how to get to Tarquina from Rome.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k44135…

Here is a post about transprot between Tarquinia and Civitavecchia

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g776107-i13806-k33…

Edited: 17 February 2013, 01:09
4. Re: From Rome to Tarquinia & Cerveteri and back to Civitavecchia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Tarquinia