We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure where to stay...

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Not sure where to stay...

Hello everyone,

I'll be in Thessaloniki for a few days mid August and after, my husband and I would like to scape for a quiet place to rest, far from crowds, for about 5 days.

As we will be using public transport, ideally we prefer not to be very isolated.

I am trying to find where to go in Halkidiki area. I have checked Ammouliani, Ouranoupoli and Pyrgadikia, but not sure where to stay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

3 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
785 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure where to stay...

I would be glad to suggest couple of places at Ammouliani, but I've only been there once (it's a beautiful island) and stayed at small hotel, whose name I can't remember now. Plus I wasn't that happy from our room.

Give a quick look in here for reviews, and you might be able to find couple of good places.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure where to stay...

Hi jmal27,

Thank you vey much for the message. I will look for more information about Ammouliani.

Other option I found interesting is Thassos.

We should use public transport from Thessaloniki to Limenaria, but we could hire a scooter during our stay in the island.

Would you recommend Thassos?

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
785 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure where to stay...

I would absolutely recommend Thassos as well as Ammouliani! They are both very beautiful islands, but Thassos is more green, it's bigger with more options of things to do, beaches to swim, places to stay etc.

Last time I've been to Thassos was two years ago and had a wonderful time. We stayed at gorgeous Guest House called "La Casa Rossa", which is situated at the village of Kazaviti, around 6-7km away from the port of Prinos where the ferry takes you from Kavala.

Amouliani is closer from Thessaloniki compared to Thassos, but seriously I would gladly stay at both of the islands again if I had the chance!

Reply to: Not sure where to stay...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ammouliani
Recent Conversations
More Ammouliani Topics