We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Which Ammouliani hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bursa, Turkey
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

I have paid 16 Euros to a one way ticket for a small car and 3 passengers. It is just a distance for a good swimmer to swim. The ferry is a swimming scrap and you have to park your car backwards ! Am I wrong ? Isn't this a robbery ?

7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Hey and welcome Munzevi:-) Well, regardless if it's just a hop or an overnight ferry, there is cost in running a vessel.. from fuel to paying the employees.. nonetheless, 16E for 3 pax plus a car sounds extremely reasonable to me;-) Trust you had fun.. and Enjoyed!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

I too think it's a reasonable rate.

Grigoris

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
773 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Sorry, but I also think that 16 Euro for three people and a car is reasonable!!! Otherwise, everyone would swim to Ammouliani and not take the ferry!! Everyone tends to over-react a bit about prices lately in Greece! Prices have gone down a lot for most goods and services, while all other costs have gone significantly up, such as gas prices (that goes for the ferry oil prices too of course), taxes, costs of buying goods etc.

To sum up, and I am not writing this for you dear "Munzevi" (please don't get me wrong here!), people in generaly sometimes are expecting that they are visiting the land of "free"! We tend to think that everything might be expensive around here, but when we check the situation back in our countries, the same goods or services might sometimes be even more expensive.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Welcome to Europe. I do not find this fare excessive. You must be a good swimmer as the distance is about 4km. If you find this expensive don't try crossing the Channel from France to the UK as on some routes it's more like €200.

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Nothing wrong with that. It's 14 euros for a car and 3 passengers to do the ten minute crossing to Elafonissos and that's barely one kilometre.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Definitely not a robbery. Now the domestic airfares (for those not fortunate enough to catch an offer when it's available)...those are definitely robbery.

Zug, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?

Hi Everyone,

Me and my husband are planning our vacation to Ammouliani in September and have some questions:

1. Do you know, if the ferries are available in September also after the 8th and what is the time table - could not find it on the official web sites.

2. Where can we rent a boat?

3. Is it worth going there for 6-7 days considering the size of the island?

Last year we spent a fantastic honeymoon in Vourvourou and are expecting something similar from this little island!

Thanks a lot for your responds and recommendations in advance!

Cheers,

Nadja

Reply to: Ferry price ! Isn't this a robbery ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ammouliani
Recent Conversations
More Ammouliani Topics