We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming pools in dunmore east

Limerick, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
swimming pools in dunmore east

As we are a family with very young children (ages 7, 5, 3) , we are wondering how suitable Dunmore east would be and if there is any swimming pool nearby

Dunmore Adventure
Sports Camps & Clinics, Water Sports, Kayaking & Canoeing, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Other Outdoor Activities
Breakwater Gift Shop
Gift & Speciality Shops
8 replies to this topic
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

While Dunmore East is very attractive and a nice place for a holiday, I think you might be better in Tramore. Dunmore East does not have a pool, it has several small beaches but I wouldn't consider it the best place for swimming as it is in the Estuary.

Tramore has an excellent beach, a swimming pool and various places for children - a playground, the funfair, an childrens' adventure centre etc.

If you wanted to stay in Dunmore East and travel to Tramore it is about 20 minutes by car.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,653 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

I think Dunmore East is lovely. We had our kids down there at Easter and they loved it.

The Park is fabulous and Counsellor's strand and Upper Strand are very safe for kids. My nephew had his first ever sea swim there over the Easter holidays.

IMHO, of course, Tramore isn't as nice. We took the kids there and they wanted to leave very quickly. They thought Dunmore was far nicer.

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

Am with Beanalainn on this one.............Dunmore is fab.We are gearing up for a busy weekend www.waterfordtallshipsrace.ie

Take a look at www.waterford-dunmore.com

Irish in...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

I also prefer Dunmore East. Tramore is busy and less relaxed. Depends on what type of holiday you want but I would base myself in D East and visit Tramore for a day. Not sure of this year but the D East beaches had blue flags in the past.

westmids/calaegos
Destination Expert
for Cala d'Or
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

Dunmore East so much nicer than Tramore IMHO. Went home to Waterford a few weeks ago and was in both places and was very disappointed with Tramore. It has a great beach but otherwise not a lot to recommend it. Dunmore is much nicer for a family holiday.

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

No swimming pools in Dunmore East, unfortunately.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

public swimming available in Tramore

http://www.splashworld.ie/

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: swimming pools in dunmore east

IMO Splashworld isn't the cleanest but do have a look at www.kingfisherclub.com/waterford

There was great plans for a leisure centre here in Dunmore East but unfortunately thats all on hold now.

Even though its dull & overcast,thankfully Dunmore is escaping the rain the beaches have been packed for the last few days !

Reply to: swimming pools in dunmore east
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dunmore East