We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Hi

can anyone advise if the Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife has wi-fi?

Thanks!

Scotland
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

I have been advised that there is wi-fi in the red level area and it was strong enough to use in the garden area at the north end of the resort. I am not sure about the whole resort though.

London
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Yes! wi-fi is in all the rooms. I have recently returned from a holiday there and can thoroughly recommend this hotel. So much so that we have already booked to go back again!!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Thanks for the replies. We are booked for September, can't wait!

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Hi - Is the wifi free of charge please? We are staying here next April - with thanks - Rachael

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Hi,

As far as I am aware (we just got back) ther was only Wifi in the REd Level nad Master Suites - but there is a Business Centre where you can access the internet free of charge.

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Super - any other hints or tips for the hotel or surrounding area please?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Yes, take some cash because although it's billed as a 'cashless' hotel, the hotel shop is not linked to the main computer system so you either have to pay cash or spend over 10 Euros! So we were caught out. 20 Euros for a bottle of Nivea sun cream too...

I would take half an hour to explore outside the hotel, as I'm pretty sure there was a shop in a building opposite the main hotel entrance where you can buy water etc. It would be nice if there was a bottle in your room each day but there wasn't - I'm told the water in Tenerife is drinkable but just doesn't taste nice.

If you can, ask for one of the 20-- rooms (we were 2053, ground floor garden room) as they are furthest away from the noisy part of the hotel, and there is a short cut across the garden to the main restaurant. Get there earlier for breakfast and lunch - people tend to spread out across the other restaurants at dinnertime so it's not so busy.

If you have small children do take a buggy as it can be a trek from one side to the other. And take your own teaspoons and teabags because the tea they give you at breakfast is foul! Oh, and TONS of insect repellent, we were bitten to high heaven!

Otherwise I do think there are some VERY negative reviews, I do think it wasn't right to treat us as 'guinea pigs', but most of what wasn't right is fixable so I don't necessarily think anyone going after us is going to have a bad time by any means. And the person who said sod it just relax and enjoy it has a good point!

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Thanks for the update - that is really helpful :o)

Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

Hello, I am booking the sensatori next year.but after reading some reviews I'm having second thoughts. Could you please tell me a little bit more about this hotel? Also how expensive the drinks are. Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,523 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Melia de Isora/ Sensatori Tenerife

I can only say, don't cancel.

The place is wonderful.

Drinks 5 euro for free poured branded spirits

Cocktails 9 euros

Beer 3.50 euros

Read the negative reviews VERY carefully and judge for yourself just how fair and balanced the reviewers have been... or has it simply been the case that one (probably) minor thing has occured so they automatically throw the toys out the pram and give a 1 star review.

Get answers to your questions about Guia de Isora
Recent Conversations