We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

UK
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Can anyone advise us on the dress code for the restaurants at the Sensatori please?

Is semi covered beachwear ok for lunch or is a full change required!

And are men expected to wear trousers in the evenings or are smart jeans and a shirt acceptable for the restaurants?

thanks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Hi Bruce

The dress code for day time is as you say covered up beachwear.

Evening is smart casual. They do not allow shorts in restaurants in evening.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

They don't like swimwear in any of the restaurants at breakfast or lunch, but I was fine in my bikini with a beach dress over the top so you'd be OK with swim shorts and a T shirt for example.

There is quite a funny sign in the entrance to the main restaurant of which the sentiment is, broadly speaking, if you're a bloke you need to wear trousers but if you're a woman you can go in semi naked and that's alright :-D

nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Hi - re your post on what men need to wear in the restaurants for Dinner - when they say no shorts does this mean cut off shorts or any type (smart chino knee lengths etc) - many thanks loobyloo

surrey
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

It means no shorts of any kind. I saw a man refused entry to the buffet one evening and he was wearing what I would say were smart tailored type shorts.

nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Thanks for the reply! Guess we have to go shopping now for some longer trousers for my husband!!! Loobyloo

NI
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Just wondering when you say no 'shorts' are allowed, do you mean 3/4 quarter length trousers as well or just short shorts?

Also is denim permitted?

Thanks

Claire

surrey
Level Contributor
39 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Jeans are allowed but no shorts of any kind. Men must be in long trousers/jeans. 3/4 length are not allowed. Okay for ladies though.

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

Really concerned about the dress code - I'm not what you would consider very "girly" and would consider dressing up as a nice pair of jeans, nice shoes and a top - is this acceptable? Also is my partner ok in wearing t shirts? I understand for 5 star they expect a certain "code" when dining, but dont want to have to buy a new wardrobe and feel uncomfortable when we have already spent so much money on whats meant to be a relaxing holiday! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

jeans shoes and tops ok for women...

same for a guy - I would suggest he gets a couple of 'casual' shirts with collars rather than just T shirts.

The point is, its a 5 star hotel which is beautiful in every way. At dinner, I personally wouldn't want the place over-run by blokes with shorts and T-shirts on (or the dreaded football top).

Having said that, the code is 'resort casual' - its easy to get cheap mens linen trousers and a checked shirt, flipflops and he'll be just fine.

Be aware that there is a mix of dress in the evenings at the bars, with some going for quite a full on glamorous appearance and others in very plain summerwear.

lisburn
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code at Sensatori/Gran Melia Palacio

so your allowed flip flops then? I really do hope so, but I did read from another reviewer no flip flops allowed in the restuarants! hope this isnt the case! Thanks for the help McHaggis

Get answers to your questions about Guia de Isora
Recent Conversations